Used 2005 Acura RL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )

Great Car
By TB

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very good sedan. For the money there is no better value. The DVD audio XM radio navigation system etc make this car the best value in its class.

The fact that it offers many things standard that are either options or not offered at all by Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, and Lexus. Plus it is more reliable than any of German cars, especially Audi and Mercedes

Of course I would like even more power. Maybe a Hybrid

RL and Star Wars
By Bill Kowalski

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The quality and overall technology put into this vehicle is outstanding. The voice recognition features and use of technology is the best I've seen in any vehicle. I've owned BMW's, an Audi A6 (Quattro) and Mercedes. I and have test driven Infiniti's M35. Based upon my experience the Acura is the most user friendly vehicle I've encountered. While it is quick, the Acura could use more low end torque to get it off the line quicker and a little more responsive, such as Infiniti has done with the M35.

Navigation System is excellent. The technology put into this vehicle is wonderful. Love the voice recognition capabilities.

Needs either more low end torque and or improved gearing to get it off the line quicker. Once the RPM's get up above 3000 everything is fine.

super all round transportation
By Steve

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Much to like about this car. Sharp enough lines, classy look inside and out. Performance is nice. While not a "lincoln" ride, thats not what you expect here - but more than comfortable.. plenty of room..more than ample power and handles super. Computerized nav/climate/audio system 2nd to none and very intuitive and easy to learn and use. Love the level of driver customization available. Voice activation is terrific - 99% and is a must since this car can be distracting. NAV saved me many hours 3 days after buying when I was out of town and had a 1.5 hour trip .. highway was backed up and closed .. "detour" function steered my to alternate route. Quiet ride/int. Audio system SUPER

Could list all kinds of stuff - read the specs. I love the side and rear sunshades - help alot with dark interior for keeping car cool. Also good when idiot tailgates you with flashing brights! Voice recognition system is terrific and easy. With so much to play with, I use it all the time.

not many. small stuff. Valet key system needs improvement. Currently you pull key out of remote keychain, lock glove box and trunk and take key, leaving remote with valet.. but there's no way for them to hang it. Would cost 20 cents to put a hook on it. Easy for them to lose and its $400.

Happy Owner
By Nonsense31

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a choice of this or Mercedes E500 I chose this because the Acura RL offers so much more to offer and has a different look. I'm tired of the same cars on the roads. I got more for my money and from what I hear the Mercedes are in the shop a lot and at a big cost.

Touch locks, the the choice of manual shift vrs. automatic (console or steering wheel)Terrific stereo and sound. Rear backup sensors. Automatic set features for driver 1 and 2.

Improve acceleration behavior. When accelerating and backing off, car feels like you are running over railroad tracks.......

A pleasure, indeed.
By Iman

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the vehicle and then proceeded to drive it over 4000 miles on an extended holiday. The car handled beautifully, the sound system is extraordinary and the ability to receive and respond to calls without having to handle our cell phone is, indeed a wonderful safety measure. Surprising but much to our satisfaction was the fact that we realized over 26 miles to the gallon of gas while on the highway.