Used 2005 Acura RL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Rl - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )

Best In A Crowded Field
By BillK

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never thought I'd switch from Mercedes, but this car is everything and more I had to own it. It drives and handles better than any Benz or BMW I've owned and handles curves the way no other car I tested could. I'd seen the Infiniti designs for the M and didn't care for them. Glad I went with the Acura. It's interior and exterior get raves and comments everywhere I travel. Even parking jockeys are amazed at this car. This is the real thing, a nearly perfect luxur/sports sedan and at a more than competitive price. A new BMW owner took one drive with me and hung his head woefully, wondering if he could still get his money back!

Favorite Features

The handling is nothing short of phenomenal. A superb road car. The design, both outside and inside are strikingly well done. And the quality is second to none. (Sorry, Lexus!) Love the electronics, especially since everything works perfectly. The seats are incredible on long trips!

Suggested Improvements

A backup camera would be nice. And larger, better standard rubber would be welcome. That's about it. This car is nearly perfect as is.

Happy New Owner!
By solcalrl

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

...just crossed the one week mark of ownership on a 2005 RL. I am extremely happy with it. I am a bit surprised at the gas mileage but in speaking to other RL owners, gas mileage should improve steadily and level off at about 4,000 - 5,000 miles. The NAV system features are incredible. The voice command system works flawlessly although there are a lot of commands to memorize if you want to control everything by voice. The sound system is AWESOME.

Favorite Features

NAV system Sound system voice command

Suggested Improvements

when exiting vehicle, front lights come on for 15 seconds and inside chime sounds as if you forgot to turn off lights - A small annoyance.

Great Car
By justWayne

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I choose the RL over a 5 series BMW because of value & reliabilty. I priced a 530 BMW w/ the same options and its over $5k more. I love all the electronic gagets. The AWD allows to to drive the RL like a sports car with out all the road noise and bumps. Acura did a great job.

Favorite Features

Nav System, AWD, XM Radio.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage

2005 Acura RL
By sfagel

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent handling, comfortable and reliable. The electronics and features are awesome. The only negative is that it passes everything on the highway but the gas station.

Favorite Features

The electronic "toys".

Suggested Improvements

None, except fuel economy.

Loads of fun!
By Lessie

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been the owner of 2 Acura Legends and 4 RL's over the last 15 years. By far, the 2005 RL is the best ever in every category. The speed and all wheel drive give me a feeling of control that I have never had before. The conversion of automatic to 5 speed is really neat. The list goes on!

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, Information displays; Navigation system, voice recognition, sound system, Calendar, address book, calculator functions are just a few of the many neat features that come with it. Keyless startup, as I said on and on.

Suggested Improvements

The manual does leave out a few important factors in getting the computer functions fully operational. It is a lot to digest and learn to use, however it is well worth it.