2005 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )
Does the Acura Link really work?
By Gerry on 12/16/04 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is great! I enjoy the voice commands, the power and stability. The navigation and futuristic dash make driving fun. It really holds the turns.

Acura RL
By Rocker on 12/16/04 15:40 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. It has all of the gadgets. It takes turns like a dream.

in time revamp
By greg on 12/16/04 01:41 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome handling,smooth ride with all the creature comforts.

So close, but still great
By spclst on 12/03/04 12:48 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A great overall car. Trunk is a bit small and I wish the rear seat folded down since space is already limited, but it is what it is. I can't understand why the radio can't display the CD (especially a DVD-A) info with song names, etc. And the FM RDS which is pretty standard nowadays is also missing....hmmmm? Oh, and why the heck did Acura change the lug and hub pattern of this car so that I can't get any aftermarket rims until the wheel manufacturers catch up to the new layout.... But, overall, I love the car. I guess nothing is perfect.

Redondo Red P
By BobB on 12/02/04 13:23 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent auto with well thought out features for road trips and finding places in the big city (Chicago). XM is wonderful and AM/FM just as fine. CD player works well and 6 cd's a time is great. Fit and finish on par with MB and Lexus if not better. Navigation feature the best I have ever seen and even got me out of a traffic circle. Ride smooth, acceleration good and quite adequate for an ex-Suburban driver. Would recommend to anyone who wants a higher end auto.

A well designed car!
By Sam on 12/02/04 10:19 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very well designed car. SH-AWD is awesome, I can take corners @ 50MPH and the tires don't even squeak! The interior design is the reason I got the car. I really want a NAV, my previous car had one (driving in Boston without a NAV has a large impact on the stress level). The NAV in the RL is the best in the market. It is simple to operate, very informative and the voice command is actually usable and in some cases better than hand input.

2005 acura rl
By cjhash on 12/01/04 23:08 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This one has it all- power, comfort, good mileage, and full of techie gadgets. Comes with michelin tires though the spare is Bridgestone (have to buy as much as possible from the home country!). Great warranty includes roadside assistance including airfare if needed. A better buy than the Lexus which is cost inflated by the name.

Great car for work
By rlpearl2005 on 12/01/04 22:56 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car! I've had this for over 6 weeks now with close to 3000 miles. Not a single issue so far. Reminds me of my 92 Legend that had no problem outside of the routine maintanence. I love my drive to work now that I have live traffic updates to avoid the jams and SH-AWD for some fun on the twisty roads.

Better on paper
By PVTK on 12/01/04 21:41 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Feels like a frontwheel drive vehicle; out of touch-cannot tell when the vehicle is at the limits. The weight distribution is biased toward the front, exacerbating the front wheel drive feeling. If you have only driven front wheel drive vehicles, you will love this car. If you have driven A BMW, or Infiniti GS you will be disappointed. (Wife's vehicle, she loves it. Drove a Camry before the RL).

greatest car I have ever owned
By hohoho on 12/01/04 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have back problemand this car is the most comfortable I have ever driven, I feel safe with the heaviness of the vehicle and it is fun to drive. It perform much better than my last car which was an IS 300 lexus which had a lot of power and no heft so that it was all over the road in any kind of bad weather...The RL perfoms great in snow and wet roads...I will always enjoy this car and the bells and whistles are fun and the navagation system is something that I would never live without again...the car drives like a dream.