Used 2005 Acura RL Consumer Reviews - 237 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (237 reviews )

Acura RL
By Acura RL

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to be pampered, this is the car to purchase. Though not short in performance, its strength is its smooth effortless ride and its on board technology. Best navigation package in the market with a full compliment of voice activated systems.

Navigation System Voice activation Audio system Cabin layout

Needs a little more kick in acceleration

mckay's toy
By ????

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just love my car. I have driven others and owned other more expensive cars and none came close to the overall pleasure I get from my rl. I love all the instrumentations and all the extras that come standard with this car. It is the best I have ever had. I like it even better than my corvette.

needs better gas mileage

love the car
By john smith

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Comfort on the road is outstanding. Visuals as far as instrument panel are perfect. Room in back seat is outstanding. Also love the gps and the voice activation system. Also the best sound system i've heard, better than my 430 mzb.

gps, xm stero, keyless entry system. trunk space is great and the car's styling is great.

I'm having a problem with the power outlets. they don't seem to work with my verizon power cord, and my laptop. it is very frustrating when I can't charge my phone or laptop. I wish AMH would get their act together and correct the problem.

Love the 05 RL
By mebanedog

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have now owned new Acura RL for one week. LOVE this car. The V6 is quicker than I thought it would be - it really flies, albeit not as pulse- raising as a BMW or Audi. LOVE the tiptronic - can really zoom in low gear. Have averaged 22.5 mpg in mixed suburban/highway driving. The ergonomics are spectacular. Absolutely the best overall VALUE in its class, no question.

All-Around Awesome Vehicle
By Matt Carmody

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car really has the best of everything. Luxurious and roomy, yet responsive and fast. Quiet, yet possessing an unbelievable sound system. Simple to operate, yet loaded with features such as handsfree Bluetooth telephone, real-time satellite traffic and XM radio. And best of all - it's all standard. There is no other car in this class - not BMW, not Mercedes, not Lexus, not Audi - where you get what the RL offers for $50K. When you get done with all the upgrades needed on other models to even come close to matching the RL, you've already moved into a whole different price range. You just simply cannot go wrong with this car, and its a pleasure to drive.

Real-time traffic, XM Radio, Keyless Ignition and Entry