2005 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (236 reviews )
A True Flagship
By Travis on 01/05/05 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 RL is without a doubt the TRUE FLAGSHIP of the Acura Line..finally a competent successor to the Acura Legend ..since discontinued... Unbelievable sound system...wonderful handling..elegant cabin..and amendities which are endless.. Once you sit in this NEW RL...you wont want to get out...worth giving a spin for sure....

Great ride
By mike on 01/03/05 11:22 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like riding on clouds. Very quiet interior with super sound system, esp the DVD audio. Great handling and power, esp with the paddle shifters. Fit and finish are perfect. Navigation is intuitive.

The best car on the market
By Dean Primavera on 01/01/05 04:05 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I personally can't find a thing wrong with it. I would say it's the best car purchase I have ever made. everything from the handling to the keyless entry is phenomenal!

Don't Hesitate
By DocK on 12/23/04 17:17 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We own only four-wheel-drive vehicles ('95 Jeep, '00 Passat, '04 Tahoe). By far, this is the best 4/AWD vehicle we have owned, but... in automatic mode, the car tends to stay in first gear a bit too long. The car does not drive like a front-wheel-drive vehicle but I have noticed a small amount of front and slide when I make a hard turn from a standstill on wet pavement. My Passat did not. The interior layout is very sensible for the basic features but it takes several hours to figure out all of the intricacies and take full advantage of the technology on board. Without the monstrously large Britax child seats in the rear seats, we could easily fit five. With them, only 4/small 5th.

A lot of value for the $$$
By David on 12/23/04 17:04 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful automobile - nice ride, good power, luxurious. I've driven an Audi A6 for six years and test drove the new 2005 model. The Acura RL has it beat in all but a few features.

What a car - How much fun!!
By JMC on 12/22/04 01:00 AM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First car I decided to buy brand new, got it with 11 miles. I'm very fortunate to have gotten such a great car for my first buy. Its just a fun car to drive and I feel proud to own one. Dont miss out on this car - you wont regret it for a second!!!

Outstanding automobile
By steven on 12/20/04 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is one outstanding car; must be DRIVEN to be appreciated. I love the attention that was paid to the technology in the car--very impressive and enjoyable.

Awesome new RL
By Exum on 12/20/04 17:35 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new RL is significantly beyond expectation, and the expectations were quite high. Handling is awesome, exceleration outstanding, and the interior features....banging!

By Kevin M. Kraft, Sr. on 12/20/04 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think that BMW needs to change their slogan regarding the BMW being the Ultimate Driving Machine. Apparently they haven't driven the new 2005 Acura RL. This is my 3rd Acura RL and this car is completely redesigned. The handling and ride of this car has far exceeded my past RL's.

1200 Miles and Happy
By FlyBye on 12/19/04 20:09 PM (PST)

2005 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a great value for the money. This car has the best paint job around (body is hand sanded before paint). The acceleration of 6.7 seconds to 60 is fine for day to day driving. Brakes are good but a bit "grabby" when nearing to a complete stop. Tech features such as navigation, XM Radio, Voice Control, etc. are awesome! The RL has to have one of the best factory sounds systems on the road-especially when playing DVD- A in 5.1 channel surround. Interior ergonomics are excellent overall. This car just fits in every way. The steering wheel mounted shift paddles are too slow for me however. I added the color coded mud flaps and spoiler. To top it off, AWD and 5 star safey rating.