Yet another Acura...
By Dave4504 on
2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I come from a '91 Legend with 367,000 miles on it. Priced and drove slightly used Lexus, Mercedes, and Infintiy, I bought another Acura, new, and for THOUSANDS less. I LOVE this car. It's sexy, fast, and it handles great. It really turns heads too. I enjoy that there aren't that many on the road. The V8's from the competitors are over rated. Hey, at 40, I don't put my foot to the floor often, but when I do, the V6 really moves me. The engine has LOTS of torque in the lower RPM range so merging into traffic is a breeze. Compared to the others, this is a driver's car, not a luxo- boat. My last car was never in the shop. I doubt this one will be either.
Favorite Features
Smooth engine with plenty of power. Voice recognition Nav system. Fit and finish is near perfect. Powerful yet quiet a/c system. XM satellite radio is incredible. Bose audio system. Front wheel drive is great for winter driving. The interior is whisper quiet.
Suggested Improvements
The car begs for a 5 or 6 speed transmission. At 80 (oops, did I say 80?), the engine turns 3500 rpm. 24 mpg hwy, 22 mpg average, 19 mpg when I'm feeling 'frisky.' All wheel drive. Instrument bezels face up and they collect dust. There really isn't much to complain about.