2004 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (75 reviews )
Best Value / Best Luxury Sedan
By Walter Flynn on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second RL. A totally reliable luxury sedan which I rate 'best in class' and price competitive (especially now with the dealer discount of $3,500). I like the traditional body style (unlike the car review critics) and believe it is a much better 'value' purchase over the much pricier Lexus and Mercedes equivalents. Honda products are just clearly a better performing and more reliable car over any other make. Change the oil and rotate the tires and it will run like a clock for 100,000 + miles like my old RL. Please do not change the body style too radically in 2005!

The Champaign of Beers
By Warren Burns on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has provided us with a definite taste of luxury ... without the price. The 3.5 RS is not a sports sedan, but neither does it take a back seat in any kind of traffic. It definitely leads the pack most of the time. I am very satisfied with this vehicle so far.

Acura 3.5 RL Assessment
By torontodr on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Lexus 430-like without the expense. High residual makes this car affordable.

Rl 2004
By Diego Flores on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent quality sedan with outstanding features. Smoth ride with the Acura reliability. Overall top value compared to the Mercedes E 300 and BMW 5 series.

Acura Customer Support Is A Myth
By Jack Watney on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The automobile, itself, is average in ride and comfort. Fit and finish are good but noise level, for this niche, and its gas mileage are poor. It can be jittery in ride and will sidestep at certain speeds and improved road conditions that it should handle well. It's distinctive attraction lies in its integrated cabin systems. The navigation system and XM radio work well but OnStar was delivered inoperative and continues to be partially so over a month later. GM and now Acura tell me that there is nothing to be done. There will be no operating telephone in this car. It's absurd.

Acura has All
By chriscrab on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The one thing that I like about the Acura RL is that it has no options. You get everything. That makes it less likely that you get ripped on price. It has the navigational system ,disk player, satellite radio and on-star system. The upside everything comes included. The downside is less performance than I would like. The car is great.

Yet another Acura...
By Dave4504 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I come from a '91 Legend with 367,000 miles on it. Priced and drove slightly used Lexus, Mercedes, and Infintiy, I bought another Acura, new, and for THOUSANDS less. I LOVE this car. It's sexy, fast, and it handles great. It really turns heads too. I enjoy that there aren't that many on the road. The V8's from the competitors are over rated. Hey, at 40, I don't put my foot to the floor often, but when I do, the V6 really moves me. The engine has LOTS of torque in the lower RPM range so merging into traffic is a breeze. Compared to the others, this is a driver's car, not a luxo- boat. My last car was never in the shop. I doubt this one will be either.

nice car
By C Jones on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car

Acura RL
By laura25 on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was waiting to make a left turn in a turn signal lane, when another car to the right of me decided to jump into my lane to also make the left turn. With my Acura, I was able to manuever my car out of his way with just a flick of my steering wheel. The other driver couldn't believe I got out of his way so Quickly. Thank God for my Acura.

VERY classy luxury vehicle!
By Joe215 on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Extremely pleased with this car!