2004 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (74 reviews )
Acura 3.5 Review
By MsJones on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the performance and style of this vehicle. Edmunds keeps stating that it is outdated as far as style, but not everyone wants that cut off back European look. I think Honda did an excellent job with this automobile and as always they will always continue to build a quality vehicle.

edmunds does not drive with a family
By monie516 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Consider buying a lease turnin, less than 36,000 miles and mid to high 20's and it will outlast many other makes with 0 miles. Comfortable for male & female drivers. Not as fun to drive as BMW, but far more comfortable. And it continues to rate in the top five in reliability. It depends on what you are looking for. It is time for a redesign however and the repeat buyers will be a the dealerships waiting.

I love my 3.5!!!
By lindawa on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Of all the new vehicles I have owned the Acura 3.5 RL is the most exquisite! The car turns heads! The ride is exceptional and I drive long distance quite often. I will forever be an ACURA owner. Once you drive one - you're hooked for life.

RL
By bstooge1979 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

its a great car good gas milage and very nice styleing. normal honda quality.low maintence and never had one problem with this vehicle.

Excellent Value!!!
By mansam on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Acura & No Problems at all. Everything is Standard except the GPS system. Better Value than Autos priced $10,000 more.

2004 Acura RL
By raddad on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd RL and they just keep getting better! My only complaints are that the body style is somewhat sedate and a little boring. However, for the money I don't think one can buy a better luxury sedan at any price. Reliability and dealer service are outstanding.

Great Car
By jzieg on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would buy the Acura 3.5RL again without blinking an eye. I have driven 145,000 without having a problem and it's still running perfectly. I do a lot of freeway driving and it is such a dependable, safe, and comfortable car. It still doesn't have the "status" of a Mercedes or BMW within its price range but I would put it up against either of these cars anytime.

Excellent Value
By safety on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Acura RL possesses an excellent trim and an almost perfect exterior finish. The car has been extremly reliable.

My 2004 RL
By kcmokid on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great value compared to Mercedes, BMW, or Lexus. Looks similar to big Benz. Lots of luxury. Definitely not a sports-sedan. Luxo-cruiser at best. Ride can be jittery over challenging pavement as mentioned by another reviewer. Won't disappoint as luxury cruiser. Not the head-turner that 5 serious or GS is. Want a combo of fun, luxury, superior customer service? Go with Lexus!

Best Value / Best Luxury Sedan
By Walter Flynn on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second RL. A totally reliable luxury sedan which I rate 'best in class' and price competitive (especially now with the dealer discount of $3,500). I like the traditional body style (unlike the car review critics) and believe it is a much better 'value' purchase over the much pricier Lexus and Mercedes equivalents. Honda products are just clearly a better performing and more reliable car over any other make. Change the oil and rotate the tires and it will run like a clock for 100,000 + miles like my old RL. Please do not change the body style too radically in 2005!