2004 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (75 reviews )
Fun car to drive packed with luxury (04 RL)
By mike900 on 06/05/14 12:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car more than two years ago with 78000 miles on it. I've put more than 13000 miles on my 04 RL and there's absolutely zero issue! So you can see the reliability of this car. I only changed the air filter myself, one of the headlight hit its lifetime I did it myself too. It is easy to DIY with these common consumables. This generation of RL is the last of the honda legend. It kinds of combines the luxury and sporty driving experience. The horsepower of the engine is not really impressive giving the weight of the car is like an mid size SUV. But the acceleration is pretty good. I live in midwest and the front wheel drive has good traction in the winter too. mpg is crappy..

Perfect sedan for the Money
By jasonwipf on 07/15/12 19:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Perfect Used sedan for the money. Why spend 40-70k for luxury sedans when you can get a 2004 Acura for 10-13K??? They changed the styling in 2005 and its completely different. The newer ones are sporty and pre-2005 they are luxury. I have owned 2 so far they are that great. my 1998 RL I ran to 265,000 before giving to my sister inlaw who is still running it today. And my 2004 I picked up with 88K and know it will go easily to 300K miles. thats over 200,000 of luxury car for only $14K (thats on the high side for buying it in 2012 but it was a cherry! and worth every penny).

Just Love the RL
By jasminebree on 07/07/12 15:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 4th RL. This was a 1 owner with 60,000 miles and it is just like new. The Navigation works great, the power lumbar support is phenomenal, moving the CD's to a more accessible location helps...

Very Impressed
By AJ-1 on 06/09/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the Acura RL about a month ago, with 75,500 miles and one owner. I have to say it has a very smooth ride, I knew I wanted to buy it when I first sat in the drivers seat. I knew about the quality and reliability of Acuras and that #1 reason for purchasing a car that was 6 years old. I hope to get 200,000 miles out of this one. Everything that I have read about leaves me feeling confident about my choice. The navigation system works well and the XM satellite radio with the Bose Speaker system sounds incredible. The only complaints that I have is the acceleration is a little lazy, and the fuel economy isn't great. However my last vehicle was a 4 cylinder accord.

Great used value
By Former MB Owner on 02/14/10 05:16 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. I have a fairly long commute and am quite pleased with the low-mileage 04 RL that I bought this fall. Some say the Acura has "no soul." Nonsense. If "no soul" means "car stays out of the shop" then I'll take it. Steady 21 MPG in mixed driving. Reliable as the day is long. Not the most exciting car I've owned but quiet, comfortable and a great value. Build quality is exceptional - tight, and all seams and panel gaps are very well done. Car mags hated this car new, suppose it wasn't such a great value at $40K+ brand new, but in the used market its a great value.

Zero Problems
By Michael on 11/10/09 14:52 PM (PST)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Acura: Integra, Legend, RL, TL, & RL. All of them have been problem-free. Nothing seriously has ever gone wrong: One driving light and one horn in all these years. The ride and comfort of the RL is outstanding. I get much better mileage than reported here, circa 24/27. Yeah, parts are expensive, but if nothing ever goes wrong, who cares? They're not much to look at, but I spend my time driving it, not looking at it. If you can get one of these used, go for it. You won't be disappointed. Mine has 80K miles and it is like new.

I Always Loved Acura's
By Trini-34 on 04/11/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Acura (I had 3 Legend and a 2000 RL). The Acura RL 2004 is an awesome car, the interior finish is beautiful. I enjoy using the voice activated Nav, OnStar, etc. The gas mileage is a little poor (compared to my 94 Acura legend GS model) but I can live with it. The smooth ride and reliability is a comfort. I think it has enough power for me 0 to 60 in 6.5 sec. The sound system is great. 6-disc in-dash CD player. Not a fashionable car but I am satisfied.

Still great after all these years
By Ralph on 08/12/08 05:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since 2004 this has been "steady eddie" for me. I am going to buy it off of lease because it has served me well for four years and I expect it to for many more.

Classy, conservative, luxury Acura 3.5 RL
By Mike on 06/05/07 19:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2004 Acura 3.5 RL and I love it! It has a very smooth ride and all the luxury features you could want including an awesome sounding 10 speaker Bose system, Alpine/Acura navigation system, and real burled camphor wood interior. I bought the car with 80,000 miles on it and didn't think twice. I am a Honda man and know this car will be very reliable. I have already put 4,000 miles on it and it runs like a car with 10,000 miles on it. Previously, I have owned 3 Accords. I wanted something more luxurious and bigger... this car is perfect! I love the Acura's classy, conservative stance that remains tasteful and luxurious looking. The RL has more than adequate power.

Great value
By NickP on 03/11/07 08:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 5th used RL. All have been bullet proof. While it lacks the go of a V-8 it still has good performance with excellent comfort. Excellent sound system and navigation. Averages around 20 mpg. Is a great highway cruiser and is wife's favorite car. It's no wonder it is hard to find a low mileage one!