2002 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Very pleased-wonderful ride
By S Davis on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my RL for a little over a week and logged many miles. It is very comfortable and responsive. I was actually able to do a little better than the 499 lease (495). They are only clearing inventories so there aren't many colors to choose from on some lots. I don't think you would be disappointed with this purchase.

Can't believe we get to drive an RL
By follow_jesus on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's the ride quality, folks! Doesn't the brochure say something about the seat springs being tuned to filter out vibrations. Our RL is so smooth it shames my '98 Accord (which has "vault-like quietness" according to Automobile magazine!). Also, less is more. The controls are few in number and easily accessible (non-Navi). Ridiculous to have a "Fun to Drive" rating in this class of car -- like minivan buyers looking at slalom figures! It's a true limousine -- no surprises, perfect manners and looks beautiful. I still am in awe that we get to drive it around.

Best Acura Yet!
By lizzylou on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've now owned 3 Acursa and this 2002 3.5 RL is easily the best of the group. I can not find any flaws or faults with this car. Easily the best value proposition in the luxury car market niche. Far and away better value tha Lexus LS or Infinity Q45 or BMW 5-series.

Best in Class!
By gtm on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Acura RL is truly a classy vehichle. It has classic sedan styling, a strong, responsive engine mated to a silky smooth transmission and riding on top of an incredibly agile, road-gripping suspension. The interior is immaculate in design and superbly executed in supple soft leather seating, a fabulous Bose CD-stereo system and excellent occupant safety systems. It is the nicest car I have ever ridden in and I truly enjoy every minute of driving time. Buy or lease one, you will not regret it!

Pretty good one
By roburt on 03/14/02 19:57 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent build quality no obvious defects. Good ride and handling. Attracted by exceptional lease offer (much less than Lexus or Infiniti)

Awesome
By Craig Sanborn on 03/13/02 08:49 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have test driven lots od cars and the RL is a dream that came true. Smoth ride, comfortable seats, awesome road manners makes this a no-brainer. PLease keep to front rear drive.

High quality luxury great in snow!
By MountainAcura on 03/12/02 14:20 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Living in the Colorado mountains eliminated many cars when we decided to purchase a luxury sedan. Front-wheel drive is mandatory. The RL performs great with it's front wheel drive, traction control, agility and power. The construction is high quality built to last. In fact, we are so pleased with this Acura we are thinking of adding the RL's sibling, the MDX to our automotive family.

Real World Car
By Joe W. on 02/28/02 10:05 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sure, reviewers like a V8. But real people prefer reliability, value, comfort in traffic, low cost of ownership, dignified style, and performance that lasts for years past warranty. My RL has it all and gets compliments, too!