2002 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Why I continue to drive RLs
By RLmonster on 08/23/05 23:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In 1999, I leased the 99 RL. After three years, I was so happy with the vehicle, I repeated the experience and leased an '02. If you are looking for a classy luxury sedan, that is often mistaken for a Mercedes, that gives a 225hp burst off the line, this is your car. After 6 years (3 in the '99 and another 3 in the '02) I have had ZERO problems with the RL class. Now, to show you how committed this RL guy is, this evening (8/22/05) I leased a third RL, the redesigned '05 and parted with the '02. I compared the Avalon, M and G Infinitis, Mercedes, and Lexus. Hell, I even tried to get into the new Passat. In the end, the RL won on price, value, and the bonus of AWD (try that BMW!)

EXPENSIVE HONDA
By RLK on 07/25/05 11:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle has many impressive points but sitting position still reminds me of my Honda. Lexus has better driver visibility. Its time for Honda to give these cars their own chassis. Lexus designs their cars for American size drivers but Honda/Acura designs their cars for Japanese size drivers. A lot of car for the money.

Sold on RL's
By ajaye on 02/08/05 16:58 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second RL after 25 years of BMWs (still own one, convertible). After seven years of the RL model I have replaced one (that's 1) brake light. Nothing else except regular maintenance. I still like the body style, but will test drive a 2005 later this week. The difference in dollars with the BMW is simply not worth it., in fact, I would take the RL over the 5 series at the same price.

Former Lexus Owner
By Perry P on 12/17/04 19:22 PM (PST)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We owned 2 Lexux prior to leasing the3.5 RL. Nice car. Rides smooth on the highway. No major problems. Pretty good mileage. Nice stereo system. Pretty comfortable on long trips. I think my wife prefers SUV and we will probably go back to the RX330 when lease is up.Only other disappointment is the selling price. Seems to be overpriced by $5.000.00

Experience an Acura RL
By kayakkim on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving the Acura RL for 36 months and have not experienced a single mechanical failure. Power and pick up are important to me and the 3.5RL's hp and driving performance have exceeded my expectations. The exterior body style lends itself to a touch of sporty as well as luxury likeness. The interior is layed out nicely, feature rich and very comfortable especially on long trips. This is the third Acura I have owned and would definately consider buying a fourth.

Class Ride
By RL Fan on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned several Acuras over the last 10 years and this is easily the best of the bunch. I've had the 02 RL for 3 years now and still LOVE it. It is a very classy car and compares very well to cars costing $10-$15K more. Test drove the BMW 530, Lexus GS 300 and Lincoln LS before buying. After 3 years of ownership, I am very confident I made the best choice by going with the Acura RL. Reliabilty is absolutely first-rate.

ComfortPlus
By Over55 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd RL - tried a BMW between purchase 1 & 2 - and the RL's comfort and simplicity was too strong to stay Bemered.

Acura RL Special Edition
By mbfan7769 on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Far and away the best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, and the most enjoyable driving vehicle I have ever been in. For a car it's size, it handles very well in local, surface road traffic and is very comfortable on long Interstate highway trips. Very easy for full size adults to enter and exit the cockpit. So smooth and quiet on the highway that you don't realize you are going as fast as you are.

A great value
By Browniebeach on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With 45,000 miles on my 2002, I am trading in for a 2004. I have been very pleased with this car. The Honda quality in Acura products shows through in the fit and finish and the engine is superb. Could use about 15 more HP but otherwise it is the best car I have owned. Would recommend the RL to any one. I disagree with some critics the body style is 'outdated' I think it has classy lines and Acura would be foolish to "dress it up" too much in the 2005 model.

2002 Acura 3.5 RL
By Bill Buie on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Classy car with a sporty look. Tight handling more like the Legend. Powerful with refined appearance. Just the right mix of style & performance.