2000 Acura RL Consumer Review: I love this car

2000 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Review

I love this car
By Clarence on

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a year ago with 26000 miles on it. I have a 120 mile round trip commute to work and wanted something a little more comfortable than the Acura Integra I had (loved that car too and had no problems ever). I live in the DC metro area and you need to be able to get into traffic on the beltways and highways fast. This car has the power to do it. The comfort is nicer that some of the Mercedes I've been in and when I test drove the Acura it was up against a Volvo and a Lexus. The Acura won hands down. There was no contest. My only complaint so far was a $650 repair bill for replacing the motor of a rear window. The parts were almost $400. Seems just a little excessive.

The comfort and interior is elegant and understated but top notch. When I need to floor it to get off a ramp onto the highway it never lets me down. Unfortunately it rides so smooth and quiet that I've been pulled over for speeding twice in the last year. I really didn't realize I was going so fast.

Stupid cup holder design. Sun glasses holder is way too small for most sunglasses. Better gas mileage would be helpful. Fold down back seats for large items to fit thru the trunk. The little ski opening is worthless for most of us. Other than that this car is near perfect

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review