2000 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Acura Rl - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

2000 RL Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
RL Review
By smithwl

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

The best car I've ever owned.

The Best Car you will ever own
By FelipeAcuralover

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

After 30 years of driving cars from every make an model, Lexus, Porsche, GM, Ford, Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW, etc. there is no better car I have ever driven for price vs value, handling, steering (unbelieveable), responsiveness, reliability (never needs anything but routine maintenance). It is the best kept secret in the world for those that have not owned one,

Favorite Features

The steering and handling on this car is so presice it will blow your mind.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more hp for autobahn riding, but couldn't really use the extra hp in the U.S.

An Adult Car
By bobbycar

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

After driving/riding in any other vehicle(eg, BMW 740), I'm immediately surprised by the smoothness of the RL. The car handles very well on the highway @ 80-90 mph - precisely, quietly & smoothly - with four adults in the car & all their luggage in the trunk.

Favorite Features

Only one option-DVD navigation. It doesn't cost another $5,000 to get a sunroof, heated seats, xenon headlights, etc. Everything else is standard. The seats are very comfortable. I like the headlights - between the xenons & the foglights, the road is very well lit up at night.

Suggested Improvements

As options, a 260 hp V6, a ~4.2L V8 with 330 hp & full time all-wheeldrive. The AWD option would reduce the FWD/RWD debate, & additional engine options would placate those who want to spend another $12K for a V8 (LS430 @ $55K . .)

L. R. 3.5RL review
By lee r.

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I am 75 years of age, and this is without question the best car I have ever driven. Plus, it has never taken back to the dealer for any maintenance problem.

Favorite Features

The very smooth ride, quietness, stability on the road. The driver's seat is the best I have sat on. This car won't "wear you out" on a long drive. Of course, it has all the bells and whistles.

Suggested Improvements

Acura's new 5-speed transmission would provide a marked improvement in its low- end acceleration. Otherwise, the V-6 engine provides all the acceleration I would expect.

Life or Death!
By Alive!

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

After reading the other reviews, I thought it important to discuss features other than power and cup holders...like safety. I just totaled my 2000 RL. I hit the cement dividing wall of an interstate...head on at 60 mph. I walked away from the accident. If you saw the vehicle, you would not believe what I just told you.

Favorite Features

The passenger compartment was not compromised...at all. Airbags and seatbelt operated as expected. Hood, doors and trunk latch held therefore no windows shattered. I was hit from begind by a semi and the hit the wall!!

Suggested Improvements

I have bought Acuras since '85 because of their safety ratings and safety features, stretching to the top of my price range to assure these. It payed off. Thank you, Acura!

Really Good Car!
By RKRKAR

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Really Good Car! No bad habits. Good freeway cruiser. Quiet. Not exactly snappy performance, but adequate. Great Quality!

Favorite Features

Comfortable Long Haul Cruising Great Navigation System

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holder Location Door hold open weak

Best Car ever purchased
By acb

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Couldnt decide on Lexus Gs, Es or other similar vehicles. Lexus is way over priced for what you get. This is a Lexus Ls400 for the price of a Lexus Gs300 , with a ton more space, better overall ride and a far better investment.

Favorite Features

Interior space, sporty but comfortable ride, Navi is best in the industry!! surprising power for a V6 and love the front wheel drive for safety

Suggested Improvements

Needs a v8, or power improvement. Its still quick, Honda has the ability to do a lot more. More leg space on passenger side, 6 way power seat on pass, dual zone climate control. For a v6 I would expect much higher highway MPG.. comeon Honda.. get it, you can do it!

I Love my RL
By KevinF

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is truely a pleasure to drive and comfortable to ride. The cruisew control is a must as you could easily be driving over 100 mph without noticing any difference in the ride.

Favorite Features

I love the navigation system which will tell you how to get virtually anywhere with turn by turn directions.

Great Car just a meek player
By Batkins

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Great car, after 26 months nothing has ever gone wrong, not one single problem or repair require. Better than my old Lexus and a million times better than my 94 Q45. You can't get a better quality car at any price. Quality, beauty, luxury, comfort, but with lack luster performance. My kids call it an "old man's car." But I call it "perfection at it's finest."

Favorite Features

Too many to name.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the SRS on the passenger's side, once deactived dealer must reset. Can't get your hand to the seat contros...put the seat controls on the door like all the other luxury sedans.