2000 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
A Great Car---A Great Bargin
By nc_pilot on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I just purchased my 2000 RL certified pre-owned with 36000 miles on it. I already love the car. Performance is outstanding, handling and ride is incredible…I can’t think of a negative… and all for the price of a new economy car. Mileage is not as good as I had hoped, about 19-20 overall, and I imagine my driving style (fast) impacts those numbers. I have read several reviews criticizing the drivability of the RL…I can’t understand that…I think the car performs great, even considering my previous car was a VW GTI VR6. The RL handles like a much smaller/sportier car...that just happens to be in a luxury car package.

Best Touring Car Ever owned~!
By ACB on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

This is my first Honda and wont be the last. Luxury with a sport feel. My 16 and 19 year olds beg to drive it for dates! The power is just right and you cant beat it on long drives of over 500 miles, as well as in town.

Stupidly underrated by Edmunds!!!
By gkisa on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

We bought one at 49000miles pre-owned with extended warranty up to 3yr/85000miles and needed to change one of the seatbelts because the SRS light would not turn off, it was covered under the warranty. Nothing else malfunctioned since then and drives nicely (over a year now), a lot of comfort for the buck. Fuel economy could be improved, yet I disagree with the poor performance ratings, the engine is quite capable of responding to your needs and accelerating rapidly.

RL3.5
By RLC on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Excellent vehicle especially with the navigation system.

Very Classy
By Eddiearms on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

My wife owns a 1994 Legend, so i figured let's stay in the Acura family. I am satisfied not only with what i paid for this vehicle but also its quality, comfort and style. I have no problems with its acceleration.

Reliability and Value
By D, Biernacki on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

One of the most reliable cars on the road today. Can't believe how reliable this car can be. Great experience with all previous Acura's. Dealership should be a model for any manufacture's service standard to beat.

smooth lux
By bdnault on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I enjoy the comfort and smooth ride. I hear the engine isn't powerful enough, but find it much more than adiquate in all situations The interior is high-end... very well equiped and positioned features. The exterior design is strong yet eligant...

Good smooth ride, less acceleration
By Gill, I on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

It's almost 2 months since I bought this car from an auction. Paid 16.5K for 2000 model with 60K miles on it. So far no problem what so ever, don't know about future. The ride is very smooth, very good gas milage about 21.5 miles/gallon in city and highway. If you are looking for luxary car and want to drive smooth with fun this is the car, but if you want to accelerate this car like BMW you will not be satisfied. This care really lacks acceleration as compared to other comparative cars in its class. Not very popular car.. people still call it Honda.

Extremely Pleased Acura Owner
By Orig. Acura Driver on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

We enjoyed our 1986 Acura Legend so much that when our son stole it (that's the only way we would let it go) to go off to college we immediately purchased the 2000 RL and have been even more pleased with its performance. The 5.6 Edmunds Editors' Rating must be a typo, this RL Owner gives it a perfect 10.0 overall (& no, I don't work for Honda)!

This is one of the most underrated cars!
By btan on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a little over 3 years now with 60,000 miles on the clock, and I am definitely purchasing the car when the lease expires in a month's time. This car is supremely comfortable with a well designed interior and exterior. It has a very high standard of finish, has good safety features, the ride is excellent, the steering feel is great, and the engine is very reliable and never lets you down.