Used 2000 Acura RL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Rl - Consumer Reviews

2000 Acura RL

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Very nice car
By New RL driver

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 172,000 miles on it just a couple of weeks ago. What a nice car to drive. Knew I'd buy it on the test drive. Had a '99 Mercedes S320 for a lot of years and took it to 180,000 but paid the price along the way. The mechanics that looked at the Acura were amazed at how it ran and performed after all the miles and no issues at all. Plan on driving it to 400000.

Favorite Features

Stereo controls, cruise is so smooth, comfortable seats, no real road noise, lots of trunk room

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have background lights on all the controls including the steering wheel. Move to RWD.

Unbelievable Car
By Ryan

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have owned over 20 cars and I can honestly say that my 2000 Acura RL has a much higher level of quality than others I have owned (Lexus, Lincoln, Ford, etc.) I bought the car from a single owner who had all maintenance records, window sticker, about a year ago with 67,000 miles. Still to this day there is not one rattle or anything on the inside. I have always heard that Honda/Acura is a step above the rest. After owning one for about a year I couldn't agree more. I have not had one issue at all. I don't know if I will ever buy anything other than a Honda/Acura.

Favorite Features

Navigation, front wheel drive, heated seats, stereo system, level of comfort

Suggested Improvements

More power.

Nice ride, drive it hard, it holds up we
By B_man

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I've now got 90,000 miles, here's the problems it has had, not too much in my opinion. One electric window died, $350 repair, one front end wheel suspension damaged by a hard pot hole hit, $500 repair, normal stuff, battery, belts, brakes, fluid changes $500 / year. Everything still works good, not bad. Motor is kind of powerful, fun to drive, seems like a gas eater these days. Maybe if I didn't enjoy the big motor, and drove it easier would help.

Favorite Features

The way the cruise control functions.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad they quit making this model, it's just enough larger to be more comfortable for me.

Trouble Free
By G. Lay

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

The RL has been a dream to own and drive. With regular dealer maintenance it has performed flawlessly. If you're looking for quality and reliability don't overlook Acura.

Favorite Features

Heated seats and mirrors. Large comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

In-dash CD player would be nice. Automatic locking doors after 10 mph. More computer display information.

Love the RL
By NC Acura Owner

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

Just purchased this car with 100,000 miles on it. Love this body style and this car was extremely hard to find. I plan on driving it for several years. For those who have an RL with less miles, let me put your mind at ease that with 100,000 miles, the car is still top of the line.

Favorite Features

Body style (just plain sexy), interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder placement.