Used 2000 Acura RL 3.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Nice but nothing special.
By albee213

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I purchased it with 174k and everythign works and over all car is in good shape. Leather has greyed from tan color from sun bleaching but really for a car that is 14 years old its a looker. I really only have thee complaints about this car. Its the "TOP of the Line" Acura from 2000 and it lacks real power from its engine dos not have any cool gadgets that most cars in its class has, My Deville has mileage computer and many other options this car does not and it gets TERRIBLE GAS MILEAGE. My wife drives it 10 miles per day and it averages about 13 miles per gallon driving back streets. I get 17 in Cadi with a much larger and powerful engine.

Conservative good looks. Firm but smooth ride. Decent handling through corners and comfy seats.

CD Changer in cab of car or a single slot in stereo. Improve fuel mileage

Almost an investment than liability
By hemy

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this used 2 years ago with 80k miles and I can't complain. Starts every time, all the amenities you can ask for and reliable. Being 12 years old when I bought it, I expected wear signs. I have to tell you, the interior was a 9.9/10. it held up well and still looked brand new! Could not say the same thing for my earlier legend whose leather was falling apart after 10 years. Replaced my own rear window regulator myself (normal for this car) at the cost of $180. Replaced oil pressure switch myself (causing minor oil leak) for $8. Paid shop to have normal 90k service for $800 (radiator, belts, fluids). Other than that, runs great! One strange water leak into car after hard rains?!

Leather holds up wonderfully! Heated seats, ergonomic controls. AVG 22 mpg on 97 octane city/hwy for powerful big luxury brand.

CD player up front rather than trunk.

Best Car Ever!!!
By mike1997

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

It is the great reliable luxury car. Has all the of the creature comforts like Automatic Air Conditioning and a Navigation System. They 8 speaker BOSE sound system sounds great! The 210 HP V6 puts out great power for everyday driving.

8 speaker Bose Sound System, Traction Control, Navigation System

Put CD Player in dash instead of trunk.

RL Rules!!
By chanceme

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

Great car best I have ever owned,take care of the car,it will take care of you! All the features you would ever want and need,great leather,love the sunroof.

Leather,sunroof,all the bells and whistles...

Gas mileage!

Flawless
By beancounternc

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought my RL new with 6 miles on it. It now has over 205,000. This rascal has never let me down and while components have failed they have been silly things (trim across back glass, and cup holder gets stuck now and again). The EGR system and driver/passenger seat belt buckles were repaired/replaced under warranty. I've had to pay to have a passenger window regulator replaced ($450), front chin spoiler two times ($125ea) and the rear window trip three times ($125ea). Other than that...everything works as it should. Others complain about power but I don't have any complaints at all. This car moves when I want it to. My "older" car is a 1988 Legend L 5sp coupe with close to 380,000 miles.

It's not really a "feature" but I really love the syling of the RL/Legend. The long low look is just sexy. I'm hoping the 2013 will be retro.

Really?