Used 2000 Acura RL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Rl - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Good smooth ride, less acceleration
By Gill, I

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

It's almost 2 months since I bought this car from an auction. Paid 16.5K for 2000 model with 60K miles on it. So far no problem what so ever, don't know about future. The ride is very smooth, very good gas milage about 21.5 miles/gallon in city and highway. If you are looking for luxary car and want to drive smooth with fun this is the car, but if you want to accelerate this car like BMW you will not be satisfied. This care really lacks acceleration as compared to other comparative cars in its class. Not very popular car.. people still call it Honda.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride. Big boot, Nice look, very roomier, more than E class.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is at a place where it doesn't make any sense to me. Should have more acceleration. Should have full size spare tire.

Really Good Car!
By RKRKAR

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

Really Good Car! No bad habits. Good freeway cruiser. Quiet. Not exactly snappy performance, but adequate. Great Quality!

Favorite Features

Comfortable Long Haul Cruising Great Navigation System

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holder Location Door hold open weak

This is one of the most underrated cars!
By btan

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for a little over 3 years now with 60,000 miles on the clock, and I am definitely purchasing the car when the lease expires in a month's time. This car is supremely comfortable with a well designed interior and exterior. It has a very high standard of finish, has good safety features, the ride is excellent, the steering feel is great, and the engine is very reliable and never lets you down.

Favorite Features

Well designed interior, ride and comfort, handling/steering, good brakes, suspension, safety features, great navigation system, and overall reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Could do with more power and acceleration, a 5-gear transmission, and better fuel economy.

Great car for money
By jayglynn65

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this car three years ago with 110K on it. At the 200K mark I am just now starting to have issues: small leak at tranny, fuel relay just went, and a rear sway bar (?) makes a bang sound but is not a safety issue. So for $8500 I got 90,000 trouble free miles out of it. Rides great, very reliable, and quite comfortable for a 6' 4" guy. A seatbelt switch went at about 150K. All in all minimal expense ($1000-ish) on top of purchase price to get 90,000 miles of luxury ride. I will be buying an 05 or 06 RL to replace this one. Lots of bang for the buck.

A Great Car---A Great Bargin
By nc_pilot

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I just purchased my 2000 RL certified pre-owned with 36000 miles on it. I already love the car. Performance is outstanding, handling and ride is incredible…I can’t think of a negative… and all for the price of a new economy car. Mileage is not as good as I had hoped, about 19-20 overall, and I imagine my driving style (fast) impacts those numbers. I have read several reviews criticizing the drivability of the RL…I can’t understand that…I think the car performs great, even considering my previous car was a VW GTI VR6. The RL handles like a much smaller/sportier car...that just happens to be in a luxury car package.

Favorite Features

HID Lights Smooth 3.5L engine Smooth Grade-Logic Transmission Luxury/Sport Suspension Navigation System

Suggested Improvements

Larger Cup Holders