2000 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
Nice but nothing special.
By albee213 on 02/03/13 08:19 AM (PST)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I purchased it with 174k and everythign works and over all car is in good shape. Leather has greyed from tan color from sun bleaching but really for a car that is 14 years old its a looker. I really only have thee complaints about this car. Its the "TOP of the Line" Acura from 2000 and it lacks real power from its engine dos not have any cool gadgets that most cars in its class has, My Deville has mileage computer and many other options this car does not and it gets TERRIBLE GAS MILEAGE. My wife drives it 10 miles per day and it averages about 13 miles per gallon driving back streets. I get 17 in Cadi with a much larger and powerful engine.

Almost an investment than liability
By hemy on 09/05/12 14:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this used 2 years ago with 80k miles and I can't complain. Starts every time, all the amenities you can ask for and reliable. Being 12 years old when I bought it, I expected wear signs. I have to tell you, the interior was a 9.9/10. it held up well and still looked brand new! Could not say the same thing for my earlier legend whose leather was falling apart after 10 years. Replaced my own rear window regulator myself (normal for this car) at the cost of $180. Replaced oil pressure switch myself (causing minor oil leak) for $8. Paid shop to have normal 90k service for $800 (radiator, belts, fluids). Other than that, runs great! One strange water leak into car after hard rains?!

Best Car Ever!!!
By mike1997 on 02/05/12 18:26 PM (PST)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

It is the great reliable luxury car. Has all the of the creature comforts like Automatic Air Conditioning and a Navigation System. They 8 speaker BOSE sound system sounds great! The 210 HP V6 puts out great power for everyday driving.

RL Rules!!
By chanceme on 07/27/11 02:07 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

Great car best I have ever owned,take care of the car,it will take care of you! All the features you would ever want and need,great leather,love the sunroof.

Flawless
By beancounternc on 07/05/11 19:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought my RL new with 6 miles on it. It now has over 205,000. This rascal has never let me down and while components have failed they have been silly things (trim across back glass, and cup holder gets stuck now and again). The EGR system and driver/passenger seat belt buckles were repaired/replaced under warranty. I've had to pay to have a passenger window regulator replaced ($450), front chin spoiler two times ($125ea) and the rear window trip three times ($125ea). Other than that...everything works as it should. Others complain about power but I don't have any complaints at all. This car moves when I want it to. My "older" car is a 1988 Legend L 5sp coupe with close to 380,000 miles.

Great car for $$$
By RLownerRI on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this in 07 with 114K on it. I have since put 90,000 and for the $8,000 I spent on it I couldn't ask for a better car. It's very comfortable, has enough pep to get out of it's own way (it is not a race car by any stretch of the imagination) and is the most reliable car I have ever owned. The body integrity, even after 11 years and 202,ooo niles is top notch. Motor runs great. My only repaits have been a seat belt sensor and a fuel relay switch - less than $1,000 in repairs (excluding regular maintenance items of course). I do have a small leak in tranny that just started but no slippage. For 200,000 miles I'm not going to complain.

Great car for money
By jayglynn65 on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought this car three years ago with 110K on it. At the 200K mark I am just now starting to have issues: small leak at tranny, fuel relay just went, and a rear sway bar (?) makes a bang sound but is not a safety issue. So for $8500 I got 90,000 trouble free miles out of it. Rides great, very reliable, and quite comfortable for a 6' 4" guy. A seatbelt switch went at about 150K. All in all minimal expense ($1000-ish) on top of purchase price to get 90,000 miles of luxury ride. I will be buying an 05 or 06 RL to replace this one. Lots of bang for the buck.

Best car ever owned
By Erik on 06/26/10 19:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

This car ran so well it is the only one I have named. Gracie is hands down the most comfortable, reliable, and best car I have ever driven. I would fly home and get the best rental I could and still would pine for when I would get back to her. Mileage may not be the best but with my lead foot its as much my fault, and when I sit in her I feel it was made for me. It may be a 10 yr old car, but she drives like she's a newborn.

Bravo to Acura
By frank on 06/14/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 6 years. Recently gave to my daughter and bought an infiniti m45. This car is awesome, ten years old, 104,000 miles and runs like a top. A little TLC and my daughter has a mint vehicle! The body /sedan build is great. If you have a chance pick one up! You won't be upset.

2000 RL thoughts
By Drew Foster on 05/25/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I can't help myself from talking very positive about this car. It is by far the best car I have ever owned, and I think it is the best car ever built! As a driver for 43 years, I have owned everything. This car is better than any Mercedes ever built. What a great decision when I bought it with 81k on the clock. This is my dependable friend, and I care for it like it is my child. Mine is perfect with 133k now on it