The RL Experience
By BigH on
1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan
The Acura 3.5RL is in the luxury cruiser class. The 3.5 is beautifully built and tight in the finish. My 3.5 has over 120,000 kilometers now and still drives without any rattles or strange noises. The car has plenty of power and drives fantastic at highway speed. When we go out my friends or co- workers want me to drive so they can ride in the Acura. This is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned. This car is a great value when compared to other cars of this caliber. The sound system (Bose) is very good for a car. The transmission shifts so smoothly between gears that you really appreciate the quality and design of this Japanese masterpiece.
Favorite Features
Love the steering column that moves up when you remove the key to get in and out. Heated seats help in Canadian winters! The small oval mirror on the side mirrors eliminate the blind spot and makes backing up easy.
Suggested Improvements
The audio volume does not adjust up or down automatically. The cruise control in my vehicle is poor in that the vehicle slows down slightly first and then speeds up to the cruise control setting. The CD changer needs to move out of the trunk and into the dash.