1999 Acura RL Consumer Review: Excellent Value

1999 Acura RL - Consumer Review

3.5 Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Excellent Value
By MonsterSmash on

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have driven my 99RL for nearly 2 years. The primary reason I bought the car was for ride comfort as my commute is 85 miles a day. I bought the car with 67K miles on it and have 110K+ on it with only two minor problems during that time. I had one of the rear windows stop operating properly and found a plastic broken. Second problem was one of the O2 sensors had failed. The V6 has more than enough power to merge or pass and it does so quietly. Front and rear seats are extremely comfortable as is the total ride regardless of road surface. The AC cools the interior quickly and the heater waiting until the engine warms up is a nice touch.

Comfortable ride, Great AC, heated front seats. The driver seat memory is great for when my wife has driven the car as it is tough to get in a car when the seat is pulled forward. With one touch the seat, side mirrors and steering wheel are set to the proper position before I get in.