1999 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

3.5 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Outstanding, Reliable Luxury
By collincolbym on 11/27/13 15:16 PM (PST)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 1999 Acura RL for 6 years. I bought it used at 158,000 miles. It now has 212,000 miles. It has been very reliable, very comfortable, and is a solid vehicle. Honda engineering with Acura comfort. Definitely worth every penny!

A Great car!
By BostonBob on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

This was our 2nd CPO Acura vehicle that I paid $24k for with 58k miles. My first was a '94 Legend with 13k miles (paid $24k) and our most recent is a 2005 RL with 50k - paid $24k. See the theme? This '99 has been nearly bullet-proof. It has been frequently mistaken for an S class MB. I love the classic and timeless look of this body style. It is a fantastic hi-way cruiser that loves to cruise at 75 all day long. Smooth and quiet ride. It is conservative with a touch of elegance.

Love My '99 RL at 250K+ Miles!
By samantha on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I've had my RL for a little over three years. Currently, I have a little over 250k miles on it and have never had to replace anything major! Except for when my husband accidently put $20 worth of diesel in it and even then only had to have the fuel system cleaned out. I had an '04 Camry before I got the Acura and even though it's 5 years older, I love the RL way more! I now have two toddlers; the trunk is huge, but with a bulky double stroller there's not room for anything else. I'm looking to buy a new car in about four months and am leaning toward the MDX. I have vowed to stay faithful to Acura, knowing that I'll have a reliable vehicle I can count on and will last me forever!

1999 RL
By John on 08/09/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

What a great car - A quality Honda product that is good looking and has superior fit and finish. Very nice on any type of road trip. Mileage could be better but not a big deal to me. Found mine used with only 29K on it 4 years ago and it still looks like it is brand new after a good wash/wax and detail.

Ultimate pre-owned
By Jeffrey Williams on 07/16/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

What a great pre-owned vehicle. Paid 12,000 for 1999 with only 48k miles. Looked like it had been stored in a time capsule. It's just like new! After considering and shopping luxury sedans, MBZ, Lexus and BMW, this is without a doubt, the best value out there. All the luxury with ultimate reliability as a bonus.

Don't by an Acura
By SHOOTER270 on 06/29/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought mine and it was used with 110k they say they will run forever well they don't. I lost the tranny at 149k. For a rebuilt it is 3000.00 with labor. When you by an Acura you might want to check into the price of a timing belt 1200.00. If it breaks your done. All parts are expensive and you really need to have it repaired by the dealership because most of the shops do not understand how to work on them correctly. The front end pulls and I have had it aligned 3 times. Again the dealership needs to be the one doing it or your wasting your money. The valves also need adjustment at 110k that will cost 400.00. It adds up fast for a car that only gets 20 on the highway.

Best Car ever
By timevans on 02/24/08 21:05 PM (PST)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have 236,000 miles and climbing on my RL. It stills looks and drives like new. Original engine and trans! This car is awesome and has everything. Very reliable, and stylish. Japanese cars are enginered the best! This car proves it!!!

1999 Acura RL
By ron on 11/16/07 10:48 AM (PST)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

Driving experience is excellent even at an old age with high mileage. Ownership experience great as well only problem matenance costs are expensive and cost of parts are expensive.

Happy Acura owner for 7+ years
By Bryan on 09/07/07 13:05 PM (PDT)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

Great vehicle. I have owned it almost 8 years and it still runs like it did when I bought it. Regular oil changes, scheduled maintenance - and car has performed very well. Dealer maintenance at 75 and 100k can be expensive. Best car yet!

1999 Acura RL premium
By vincent on 07/13/07 15:17 PM (PDT)

1999 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have been driving for 30 years and have driven many high end cars. The 1999 Acura RL premium is one of the most exceptional cars I have driven. Mileage is good, build quality is excellent, the V6 power is sufficient and the car is loaded with luxury appointments including HID headlights. I will certainly purchase a newer model soon.