1998 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Acura RL special edition
By tomlu on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 Special Edition 4dr Sedan

It's been a very fine car, no matter on long-distance highway ride or every day city commute. Very impressive acceleration and braking, ever after 4 years of services, it still feels like in its first year, and still want to beat all the beamers.

very nice
By hal9000 on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent car for anyone who wants a great reliable sporty sedan. No problems at all.

Great Ride - Bose Sound System
By wabbit on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1998 and haven't been disappointed. I have had absolutely no mechanical or other problems. The Bose system is excellent and the ride smooth. A wonderful car for trips and for simply relaxing behind the wheel. Would recommend to all interested buyers.

New Owner of Premium RL
By BSS on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I just bought a RL, Premium model with Navigation system. I looked hard at BMW 5 series and Mercedes E320 as well as the Lexus LS400. I found the big Acura to have no real weaknesses. It was larger, more plush and with more features than the German models. Plus, it doesn't come with the snob label attached. It seemed the equal of the Lexus (other than the V8 vs the V6) and was thousands less. Plus, there are LS400s EVERYWHERE. I have had it for about a month and am very happy with it. Power is smooth, interior very comfortable and the sound system is incredible. This car doesn't necessarily demand attention, but it has understated class and refinement.

Great Car! Loves the Gas!
By Comet16 on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1998 ACURA 3.5Rl last year from an individual. I had finally driven my 1994 Nissan Pathfinder, manual transimission long enough (150,00+ miles)... Being a "Sales Guy" I am on the road 3-5 days a week either around town or 400+mile trips in a day... The ACURA is great for comfort, handleing and performance... But, the mileage is rotten, not to mention the fact you have to pump premium petrol in the bad boy to keep it running great. Tried regular and the performance was obviuosly less... All in all I like the car but I think I will step up to a Lexus 430 on the next one...

Loads of Comfort, but no thrills
By csj on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1998 with the navigation system for $18,500 in 11/01. Navigation system does not always work well (don't throw out your maps), but when it works is easy to use. This is the car you want to drive on long trips or to relax on the ride home after a rough day. Wind noise is the only intrusion (need to get a moonroof wind deflector). There is a lot of body roll, but bumps are filtered out well. Adequate power, but not neck snapping. I drive my J30 if I want a sportier ride. Stereo is excellent. Good luxury car considering price and overall reliability.

Satisfied
By bigtom on 03/04/02 19:26 PM (PST)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have always liked Acurs automobiles. My first one bought in 1990 and it is still running strong with over 130,000 miles showing. We have leased a 1198 Acura 3.5 for the last four years and liked it very much. 5 cyl with automatic transmission. We are not getting aproximately 21-22 miles pe gal. I like the car.

acura
By biz on 02/27/02 22:30 PM (PST)

1998 Acura RL 3.5 4dr Sedan

I like an automatic transmission/it is smooth driving/roomy/