1998 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Classy yes, Sporty no
By SFRL on 11/16/04 17:12 PM (PST)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I owned a Legend before purchasing my '98 RL CPO in 11/02. Very different car. Legend was much sportier, the RL is positively laid back, with a classier ride. This is a large car that likes to cruise on the highway, not hustle through curvy back roads. Durability of Acura interior materials, leather especially, has always amazed me. Mine still looks new. This is great used car value given the high initial depreciation and excellent reliability.

I expected better from Honda
By anaizi1 on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Several significant flaws: 1- Even with all widows tightly closed, the car is not quiet enough; a great disappointment for me. 2 The car does not move quickly enough nor does it start off with umph. 3- The glove compartment is barely large enough to hold a pair of gloves.

Great used vehicle
By acuhins on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

The car is very nice inside and out. Drives quietly and responsively. Mine has a very nice CD changer conveniently in console. With gas prices and high- test requirement, it can eat some fuel costs. Also, the tank is rather small (14 gallons) limiting the range per tank.

Classy and reliable
By Billacura on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

This car has that quiet luxery and quality that makes it easy to live with year after year. Performance is more than sufficient and the transmission is flawless in it smooth shifts up or down. I have the navigator GPS system and will get it again in my next acura, which will be an RL or MDX. Driver's seat is the most confortable I've ever used. And the seating in the back seat is very confortable as well. The guys at work are always wanting to go to lunch in this car, and remarking on how good this car look after 4 years. It's reliable and maintence is reasonable for a luxery car. The paint is superior to anything I've seen.

Loads of Comfort, but no thrills
By csj on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1998 with the navigation system for $18,500 in 11/01. Navigation system does not always work well (don't throw out your maps), but when it works is easy to use. This is the car you want to drive on long trips or to relax on the ride home after a rough day. Wind noise is the only intrusion (need to get a moonroof wind deflector). There is a lot of body roll, but bumps are filtered out well. Adequate power, but not neck snapping. I drive my J30 if I want a sportier ride. Stereo is excellent. Good luxury car considering price and overall reliability.

Satisfied
By bigtom on 03/04/02 19:26 PM (PST)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have always liked Acurs automobiles. My first one bought in 1990 and it is still running strong with over 130,000 miles showing. We have leased a 1198 Acura 3.5 for the last four years and liked it very much. 5 cyl with automatic transmission. We are not getting aproximately 21-22 miles pe gal. I like the car.

acura
By biz on 02/27/02 22:30 PM (PST)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I like an automatic transmission/it is smooth driving/roomy/