1998 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
Amazing car
By judes car on 04/13/09 21:14 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

This has got to be my favorite car of all time. It has been a rock for me! As a single girl I need a reliable car that would not break down on me. This car was more than worth the total cost I paid. I have a 98 3.5RL and it has never broken down on me and I drive a ton of miles. I am currently at 325,000 miles and it is still going strong. I have taken good care of it and have had oil changes consistently. I highly recommend one of these cars!

'98 Acura RL 4 door sedan
By jbaist on 06/11/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Continues to provide an excellent ride & reliability even after 10 years.

This why you buy an Acura
By Rod on 03/26/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Always reliable. Even after ten years, the build quality of this is incredible. Leather, paint, and all interior trim pieces are still in great shape. I have test driven several cars in the last two years and none offer anything new or better quality. When driving this car, there is a tangible perception that you are experiencing engineering at its best.

Old Reliable
By Frank P. on 02/09/08 09:58 AM (PST)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car since new. It's been an outstanding performer. Always reliable, inexpensive to maintain. It replaced a 1990 Acura Legend, also a great car. The RL is more of a cruiser, not too athletic, but high on comfort. I get 26 mpg on premium fuel. Looking to replace it finally at 148,000 miles.

My favorite car
By my favorite car on 08/09/06 07:02 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

The car has been perfect except for a brake problem - rear brake on right is wearing faster than others - dealer has failed to fix so far.

Love my RL
By AM on 04/06/06 10:50 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I am very picky about vehicles. I have always loved this Accura. I have to trade it in now and hope I can find something that suits me as well!

Simple & dependable
By pzrogers on 03/19/06 15:36 PM (PST)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I have owned my RL for over four years and have been very pleased with its dependability and comfort. Like most cars made by Honda/Acura, it has an understated, timeless style and is very dependable mechanically. Its only performance issue is its limited acceleration ability, which is sufficient for normal driving but not for those days or situations where you prefer a sporty feel. Overall, I would recommend this vehicle and would definitely consider buying another Acura for my next purchase.

Ok Car
By DaBigDawg on 01/18/06 12:36 PM (PST)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

This car serverd it's purpose for me very well. I was looking for a reliable car, and it was just that. It also gave me much more for my money then any of the european counterparts. If desire or emoition was considered as much as reliabily was, i would've bought a bmw or audi. It's that simple, the car is a rock when considering relability, but can be very boring (cadillackish) on long and/or spirited roads.

Great car
By daddy6 on 06/11/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Special Edition 4dr Sedan

Absolutely reliable. Smooth and quiet on the road, OK power. Layout of controls very convenient, esp. sound system controls on steering wheel. Design is very good, my car has been mistaken for Mercedes and Lexus. A tremendous value

Excellent Car
By Murray on 05/09/05 23:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I've only had for a year -- purchased used with 60000 miles on it -- mint condition. No problems so far -- runs well in winter and summer (live in cold climate). Very smooth ride -- brakes well -- and handling is surprising for the size. Very nice on highway. Previous car was an Accord -- for the money I get a lot more features -- and the used RL's are not much more money then the V6 Accords for same year. Highly recommended.