1997 Acura RL Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

1997 Acura RL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:
More for your money
By Russ on 01/15/06 04:46 AM (PST)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

After comparing other vehicles in this class, I found I could get more amenities for my money. This car has remarkable power with the 3.5 liter 6 cylinder 210hp engine. I have driven this car up and down the state of California numerous times and fatique was minimal. This year my son recieved his drivers license and the 1997 Acura with 110000 miles on it. I trust it completely with his safety. It is truly a pleasure to drive! The only problem I've had all these years has been the power window motor/linkage on all the windows have broke. They are very expensive to replace. Approximately $140.00 each w/o installation! If you want a fun, reliable, stylish, powerful, comfortable car this is it!

'97 RL
By LoveMy RL on 03/12/05 01:04 AM (PST)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with 80k, it now has 180k. What a car! Nothing similar in looks, quality, or drive. Quality all-over. Love this car, will probably buy a newer one. No major troubles after 180k. Interior is spaceous, great car. Can't say enough about it. Two items on wish list though, bigger engine, what's up with the EGR ports? Cleaning them evey 20k, what are they? Is it the lower gas quality? other then that, this car drives like a thoroughbred horse. Only suggestion to you--- buy one.

Dependable
By Harriet on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Purchased car with 30K on it. Now have 65K. Only problem was a transmission replaced under warranty and fair brakes. Excellent long distance cruiser with comforable ride, excellent seats amd Bose sound system.

Very satisfied salesman's car
By Masjae on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Bought this, my third Acura, as a sales car. Car is stately, professional in appearance and speaks of good taste and appreciation of quality & value. This car has only let me down once when the battery went after three years, (I bought is used). Very smooth ride and quiet cabin on long road trips. My wife loves to drive it, especially after I installed the cd- changer in the trunk. At 149,000 miles, I would absolutely recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a solid dependable car capable of high mileage, and low long term cost to maintain.

More than enough.
By Glove on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

After washing, the shine off the pearl white is priceless. this is truly a sexy automobile. Although the RL is a dog at the line, its acceleration while already moving is terrific. the 3.5 v6 is great for highway driving but lack a little from 0 mph+. The interior is durable and classy, enough wood enough leather. I do hear a clunking noise whenever i go over a bump but my mechanic doesnt seem to think its anything to worry about (he has no clue what it is). The sunroof has a problem with the electronic STOP mechanism adn the left fog light is out. i think for a car thats 6 yrs old this is a smart choice if you want luxury you can use!

Best lux. sedan for the dough!!!
By A is for Acura on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd Arura Product. (1st=91 Legend),(2nd=93 Legend), both of which I put over 175K miles on. I stepped up to a used (always buy used) 97 RL and am very proud of its ability and style. Wife wants to get a MB ML320, but after reading the reviews it is out of the question. I also looked at the Lexus LS400, but felt this matched it in features, but was much less in price. We currently have 85K on it and absolutely no problems, other than small repair to the ABS.

Acura RL Premium
By magnusdalen on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Bought this new, expecting to put a lot of miles on it. Had a new 1991 Acura Legend LS that I put 300,000 miles on and it still looked and ran like new when I sold it. This has been a great car out on the road. Very comfortable on long drives. Always feels safe. Great power and handling--always feel in control. Paint stays glossy. Low maintenance--easy car to own. Very well designed & luxurious feel.

Excellence for the money
By joepcrowley on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I have had it a few years and with the exception of a blown fuse one time. I have not had to do a thing to it. But it is almost brake time. What a fun comfortable car.

Love It!!!!!
By Prettyklassy on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

I brought an older car because I wanted something decent. Im so glad I didnt go with the Infinity Q45, I love this car! The wheel is soft but I see no other flaws. Wonderful!

best car for your dollar
By corey on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura RL Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan

Acura RL 97 has served me well. Never had any real problems. As long as you maintain (oil changes and proper servicing) you will have no problems. Had for 2 yrs and just bought 740iL but RL was better car believe ir or not. Cd changer in center console RL has, front wheel drive, smooth ride, good fuel efficiency, V6 engine is sufficient unless you're Mario Andretti