My first car, drove it 2 years...
By Joel on
1996 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan
I bought this car two years ago as my first vehicle ever. Spent $5000, and it had 150,000 miles on it (or was it 125?). Whatever the case, I now have 172,000 on it, and the AC still works. The man I bought it from had kept it immaculate - even the engine was clean. I ended up with some body damage in the rear, but drove it several thousand more miles. The only problem is in the power steering, now... there's a leak that reached a peak, and I would have to pay $600 to replace the part/ seals. That would certainly be worth it for a car with this much comfort/power and life left in it, if it weren't for the $3000 body damage. Moving on to a Civic for better mpg, and less miles on it
Favorite Features
Very comfortable seats, soft, but supportive, memory seat, good automatic AC that doesn't kill engine, timeless interior design that ages better than similar year Accords, etc. Powerful engine, easily gets you out of tight spots, and rockets you in a way that is surprising for a 2 ton car.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage. I drive entirely city in LA now, and get around 16-18mpg. Premium, at $4.98 earlier this summer was painful. TURNING RADIUS. This car became frustrating and undrivable after moving to LA. Designed to fly FORWARD, but floats in the turns. Very, very boat-like turning. Horrid drive.