Used 1996 Acura RL 3.5 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Acura RL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RL model:

I love my 1996 Acura rl butt....
By Lisha

1996 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I've only had my used Acura for almost 2 months now. Great car but the motor to adjust the steering wheel stopped working. My review mirror keeps falling off. On top of that my transmission is starting to make a weird noise. I'm scared to see what else is going to happen in another 2 months. On a better note it is good on gas, quiet, comfortable, beautiful interior, lots of space, great speakers, and handles country roads beautifully. I really wish it wasn't falling apart on me i love car.

My first car, drove it 2 years...
By Joel

1996 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I bought this car two years ago as my first vehicle ever. Spent $5000, and it had 150,000 miles on it (or was it 125?). Whatever the case, I now have 172,000 on it, and the AC still works. The man I bought it from had kept it immaculate - even the engine was clean. I ended up with some body damage in the rear, but drove it several thousand more miles. The only problem is in the power steering, now... there's a leak that reached a peak, and I would have to pay $600 to replace the part/ seals. That would certainly be worth it for a car with this much comfort/power and life left in it, if it weren't for the $3000 body damage. Moving on to a Civic for better mpg, and less miles on it

Very comfortable seats, soft, but supportive, memory seat, good automatic AC that doesn't kill engine, timeless interior design that ages better than similar year Accords, etc. Powerful engine, easily gets you out of tight spots, and rockets you in a way that is surprising for a 2 ton car.

Gas mileage. I drive entirely city in LA now, and get around 16-18mpg. Premium, at $4.98 earlier this summer was painful. TURNING RADIUS. This car became frustrating and undrivable after moving to LA. Designed to fly FORWARD, but floats in the turns. Very, very boat-like turning. Horrid drive.

where's the money
By white ghost

1996 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Simply the best vehicle I've ever owned. An oil change every thousand miles followed by scheduled maintainece. Never a major problem, but, he's getting old and it's time for something alittle newer.

Heated seats, a steering wheel radio controls.

Best 122k Mileage Car I Have Purchased
By Gentle Ben

1996 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 1996 RL with 122K. Took it to McCall Acura to check it out before I purchased it and the car check out like it was new. I haven't had one problem with it since I purchased it unlike my 2001 Infiniti Q45. If you are looking for a nice preowned luxury car then the Acura RL is the only ticket as far as I am concerned.

Very spacious, lots of power, silky ride, very reliable, navigation system is flawless, Bose sound system is excellent.

None

Hard to believe!!!
By Dan Klug

1996 Acura RL 3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I would never consider a car with so many miles on it... however. I drove it home. Looked at the Volvo, C Series Mercedes, Lexus 300. This car is outstanding. The quietest car I have ever drove. Simple yet luxurious styling. excellent seats. I can't believe I waited so long to consider an Acura.

Ride, Climate Control, Fit and Finish.

Better located fuel door release, Full size spare,