2016 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Good car with not so good mileage.
By Manoj Pandey

2016 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very pleased with this vehicle
By Pete Pop

2016 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is fantastic! I test drove a Ford Explorer, Nissan Murano, Hyundai Santa Fe and I bought the RDX with the tech package. The reliability reviews over the others was one of the main points but after owning it I really have come to appreciate its high points. The ride is smooth, powerful and really quiet. The sound canceling system (like Bose headphones) does a great job. Being a musician, I was impressed with the stereo and during my test drive we adjusted the base and subwoofer to full potential and I was blown away. The sound quality with the ten speakers in neural mode (surround sound) is amazing. Some reviewers complained about having two screens. I prefer it and it’s much more pleasing to be able to still see your audio screen while navigation is showing on a different screen. Brilliant! They recommend 91 octane which basically doesn’t exist anywhere so I need to use 93. I’m not thrilled about that but at least gas is cheap now. I drive both highway and city to get to work so it seems I’m averaging around 19 mpg. No long trips yet to really see highway mileage. I live in South Florida and I can say that the air really cranks. Most of the time I only have the fan halfway even though the leather seats in summer can be hot. The advanced package has ventilated seats but will cost you at least $3500 more on your out the door price. I passed. The shortcuts menu, speed dial options, voice prompts and other technology is a big plus. I went from a stupid car (Honda Accord 2007) to this so it’s like walking onto the Enterprise! I can’t imagine anyone buying this car and not liking it. I paid $40,000 even out the door which seems to be a pretty decent price for a 2017 with the tech package.

2016 rdx w/advance pkg.
By Wayne selan

2016 Acura RDX SUV Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride. Dont take that as its a sports car, its not. Just a great cruiser and if you want some fun slip it to sport and use the paddle shifters. Biggest complaint is the voice regonition. Only had it a month but it takes some work to master, and i havnt , and not sure i ever will. Best way is to put in an address before you leave, trying to find a certain restaurant etc on the go gets frustrating. I get better mileage than stated which is a nice surprise. Love the blind spot detector and the backup camera is awesome, really gets a wide view which is great. I am not disappointed with this suv at all, just the oppisite. Best bang for your dollar by far. Oh yeah the seats, especially the cooled option are the most comfortable of all the higher end SUVs, at least for me. Everyone has a different butt and back but for me its like sitting in my lazy boy.

First Acura - mixed feelings
By WSD

2016 Acura RDX SUV Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

the good stuff - overall a very nice ride. Good safety tech, stereo, looks and power. Stable at speed and good mid range power. Lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control are a great feature. Looks are very good. Stereo sounds very good. Seats are excellent, heated and cooled. dual zone climate control. Several of the electronic features are very helpful. The not so great stuff - Transmission hunts a bit at low speeds on occasion, the nav system is a pain trying to use voice recognition to get a location. Still cant figure out how to just enter an address manually. Mileage is not as good as I had hoped but, mostly city driving so far so may improve. It came down to this and a Lincoln MKC with 2.3 turbo. the Lincoln was faster and more luxurious but, went with the Acura for better resale value.

Traded in after 7 months for REAL luxury SUV
By Marcus

2016 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a waste of time and money for a "Honda". I purposely purchased a RDX w/ tech package for the navi and the so called premium audio system. I ended up using google maps on my phone for directions. The RDX navi couldn't find half the places I wanted directions to and worse neither the navi nor a live Acuralink representative could give me correct directions to the nearest ER. I ended up at dead end streets. I brought the car in to be checked and Acura couldn't find any problems. What made me trade it in after only putting 2,000 miles on the SUV was the day I almost collided head on with oncoming traffic due to the fact that I was using Google maps to find a local business. After that, all I wanted to do was get rid of the near cause of a death or two. Will NEVER buy a Acura again!!