So Far Disappointed
By tramm on
2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The RDX replaced my 2011 Q5. I bought it because it had more standard features than a Q5, was $5000 less than a Q5 and positive reviews. It is a good car in many respects but the suspension, interior quality and road noise reduction are not quite as good as the Q5. However, my biggest issue involves a subtle but obvious drive train vibration that occurs at certain speeds and RPMs. Acura is aware of the problem, claims it is "normal" but is working on a fix. If you do a lot of driving between 35-50 mph I would wait to buy a RDX until this annoying problem is fixed.
Favorite Features
Engine power Sound system Driver comfort Rear camera Keyless entry Cargo layout and space Rear seat room
Suggested Improvements
Fix drivetrain vibration Make fog lights standard Better rear suspension Better road noise reduction Improve interior quality Make power lift gate standard
By familyguy1
on 04/01/14 07:20 AM (PDT)

I have a similar vibration problem with 2014 RDX AWD. I run premium, have had the tires balanced, the propeller shaft replaced, but still it vibrates from about 60MPH on up. Not severe, but noticeable. Takes all the fun out of long distance driving.

By roadwarrior6
on 01/19/14 14:04 PM (PST)

I have a 2013 Tech and no drivetrain vibration. Acura's are far superior quality over Audi. Perhaps, yours is 1 in a million issue. I looked at Audi Q 5 but they nickle and dime you for every option like BMW and the price skyrockets. Acura has a good formula. Base is loaded with options and the Tech has the premium features. You being a Audi owner should have sprung for the Tech Package. I think you would appreciate the SUV alot more.

By joldek63
on 01/26/14 14:30 PM (PST)

I have 2014 Acura RDX AWD with 1500 miles and I have same problem with drive train vibration with speeds ranging from 20 - 45mph 1200-1500 rpm, trans jigs from time to time also. Does is more often when she is cold. Rear shocks clank, Very disappointed with acura. Have Honda CRV for 5yr 65k and no single issue...NONE, have appointment with dealer tomorrow- will see.

By tnuzzi1
on 02/25/14 12:35 PM (PST)

I am having the same vibration problem with my 2013 RDX AWD. The dealer is stating it is the deactivation of cylinders and is normal. Acura will not search for a fix unless there are enough complaints made to the NHTSA. I have submitted a complaint and am calling Acura directly to file a complaint. I recommend anyone having this problem do the same so that they aggressively search for a fix.

By thumper16
on 02/20/14 13:14 PM (PST)

I found that if you run less than premium you get the vibration. The transmission thing went away at about 3,000. They claim it gets familiar with your driving..........go figure.

By shift2014
on 09/13/14 23:20 PM (PDT)

My 2014 RDX has a significant engine vibration at 1400 RPM, at 40, 60 and 80 KM/hr speed, more noticeable at slow speed. At the dealership 3 times, no fix. I think it may be a type of knocking, but it is at times very severe. It goes away with any acceleration and only occurs at constant speed. I also have a transmission that does not fully engage if I start driving quickly after starting. Both problems are very concerning, but no answers.