2014 Acura RDX Consumer Review: A great choice

2014 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

A great choice
By jh16 on

2014 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2014 RDX AWD tech for about a week now. So far I have been very happy with the car. It drives smooth, brakes well, and the transmission seems to work flawlessly. I am most happy with the turning radius, as my last two vehicles were monsters to turn and try to park. I also looked at the Q5, and besides the Audi being more expensive, I did not like the idea of the turbo 4 cyl engine. I've driven an audi with a turbo before, and it seemed very inconsistent - thats something that I did not want to deal with again. The RDX has great acceleration (and sounds pretty good too when you step on it), its too bad they hid the dual exhaust tips up under the rear bumper.

Favorite Features

The RDX has great acceleration (and sounds pretty good too when you step on it), its too bad they hid the dual exhaust tips up under the rear bumper. It has plenty roomy for up to 5 people, but it doesn't feel huge when its just you tooling to and from work. I've had a chance to use the navigation a couple times, and it seems pretty simple (not sure where the complaints I read in other reviews are coming from). Also, the stereo sounds great, and I love the bluetooth connectivity. Don't get me wrong, its not as fun to drive as my partners BMW 3 series, but the RDX is practical, luxurious, and pretty effortless to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Option for automatic fold in mirrors larger light in cargo area Air vents for rear seat passengers Larger sunroof (like the Q5)