2014 Acura RDX Consumer Review: 2014 RDX - Comfortable but a v

2014 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2014 RDX - Comfortable but a vibration issue ruins the fun
By familyguy1 on

2014 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased in late Dec 2013 and after 3 months and 3,000 miles, here's my review: Ride is comfortable, agility is great, suspension is fairly stiff. Seats are supportive and comfortable (both front and rear). Sound system is great. BUT... The car has a vibration issue from about 60 MPH on up. Had the tires spin balanced, road force balanced, the prop shaft replaced... still there. The vibration is not severe, but it's ever present and on long trips, leaves your feet tingling a bit and ready to get out. Very annoying. Rode with the dealer service tech, he feels it too, but says that's as good as it gets. Because of the vibration, feels like I made a $38,000 mistake.

1) Eliminate the vibration issue(s) from 60 MPH on up. Very annoying. 2) Navigation system is a very outdated design. Feels like something from the late 90's.
By wkd60
on 05/30/14 17:53 PM (PDT)

I bought my RDX in July, 2013. Significant driveline vibration issues emerged within 2500Kms. Discovered through Acura owners web site that a number of others have this problem. The loaner I had one day had it. Solved by Honda through a service bulletin which required new driveshaft. Seems to be an issue, perhaps resolved by now?

By nwjgoodguy
on 10/23/14 13:27 PM (PDT)

I have a 2013 RDX Tech and have the same issue, it's actually the VCM, if it happens around 1,000 - 1,500RPM, this is the issue. My RDX has about 55K miles and it's really not a problem, I read a lot of service bulletins on this, I wouldn't worry. Good luck with you new SUV!