2014 Acura RDX 3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - OK but.....

2014 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

OK but.....
By newro on

2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had Acura's since 1998, always a TL. My wife needed an all wheel/4 wheel drive that was not huge so we got out of a 2010 TL and into a 2013 RDX without the tech package. Its nice, but its not going to blow you away. As with all of my previous Acura's, its a quality build and reliable. Quick enough but I find it a little herky jerky in the steering, but, I have a 2010 Pathfinder which is like a tank compared to the RDX. It is pretty good in the snow, which is why we got it so I suppose that all in all, it does what its supposed to. It shares a radio with the Honda CRX and from what I am told, the all wheel drive platform as well. I guess its the Acura version of the CRX.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, plenty of power. Roomy when the rear seats are down. Decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Interior finish to me looks cheap. Radio is not a Bose and its the same radio as the CRX.
By jg88
on 02/27/14 13:16 PM (PST)

Question about the AWD system, does it work well? I read in an Automobile review that the AWD system isn't much better than just getting FWD because the tires slipped quite a bit before AWD engages. True or not? Am looking for a smaller SUV and the RDX seems like a good fit but am concerned that by abandoning SH-AWD, they may have made a mistake at Acura. Am also not happy they left off vents for the 2nd row seats, seems like a big mistake for the more extreme climates.

By skater69
on 09/04/14 20:17 PM (PDT)

Honda "CRX"? You mean the little hatchback Honda stopped making 20 yrs ago? Or are you trying to say "CR-V"? Which is not a fair comparison to the RDX since it's comes with only a 4cyl.