Used 2014 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

2014 Acura RDX SUV

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Too many front suspension problems!
By Vern Boyce

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned Honda vehicles for over 20 years. MOST impressed with every one - with the exception of our RDX. We absolutely loved the car when we first saw it on the dealership lot. Never having had any major issues with the previous Honda vehicles we've owned(2 Accords and 3 CRV's), we thought we'd add a "touch of class" in vehicle ownership. We purchased our RDX about 2 and a half years ago, and now have doubts in our decision. MOST disappointed in that we have had one issue and then another. Our most serious complaints are that with the front end suspension!! As mentioned, in a little over 2 years, we just had our third front end strut replaced. And trust me, being a senior citizen and ex-police officer, we're NOT ones to abuse our vehicles in any way nor neglect what need be.

As I say, other than that, it's a Honda. We love the handling, style, economy and performance. The last time we brought our RDX in for strut replacement, the dealership shared our views on our frustration and disappointment, but sadly, that's the way it goes sometimes. Therefore, now that we have our car back home and cleaned up, we'll be trading it in - for a Buick. No longer bothering with Honda. Again, it's too bad for us as we have thoroughly enjoyed MANY Honda cars and other Honda-made products(Honda Shadow motorcyle, boat motor and two 4-wheelers) but will no longer deal with the company. Calling customer satisfaction made NO difference - other than "lending an ear". Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.......

Spittin Fur
By carl hefner

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The RDX just glides two wheel drive is just fine. Better gas mileage and a better feel. Tech package is worth it! Got a zoom.

2 years later...
By Ben Camposano

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2014 RDX AWD Base. Doing comparisons with the CR-V, RAV4, and a Forester XT, RDX had the most bang for the buck as you'd have to load up the former cars in order to match the RDX, but with less power and ride quality. But it wasn't all paradise for me when I had 4 instances of transmission slippage during Jan. 2016. Long-story short, the transmission had to be replaced due to the problem actually happening to the mechanic when he test-drove the vehicle. Also, Reno Acura did their due diligence by also warranty-replacing the rear shocks due to thumping noise that comes from the rear. Now, I bought this car since I heard/read so many reviews of their reliability. As a working student, I need this car to get me through a 1.5-hour round-trip commute to the university, and was quite disappointed to learn of the defects. Repairs aside, I'm now questioning my decision to purchase this vehicle. I'm hoping that it'll get me through college before things really fall apart, and then trade it in promptly.

For any of you experiencing problems, do your due diligence by documenting the problem.

farm wife's truck
By mp

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

THis car is one of the best I have driven. I have had Mercedes, and Lexus. My Acura is s mudder, and a snow machine. It is convenient to haul everything from grain to kids. The awd is super, and handles all weather. Also is a nice dress up car for church.
One thing...........terrible connections for my iphone. You have to have a flashlight to find the charger.
I would buy another rdx.

Mine must be the exception, but I doubt it!
By lo55

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reading through the reviews I see things I've never experienced in 18 months/19+K miles. Low right seat position mandated by feds stupid regs. No brake noise, no chemical odor, no problem with bluetooth, no tranny noise, etc, etc.. Was skeptical of lack of rear AC vents. Florida resident with only AC complaint from rear seat being 'it's too cold back here'. Only down side is NOT fault of car or Acura. It's the moronic regs that limit the use of certain navi functions. The feds must think it's safer to hold your cell navi with one hand while driving with the other...go figure!

Great travel car; only thing tired after hours and hours of miles and miles are the eyes. Average 28.5 to 30+ mpg on trips; 24-27 around town, using regular gas. Rear seat space/leg room...great! Styling both in and out. Just the right size; ample cargo area. 5th Acura-CL, MDX, TSX, TSX sportwagon and all the same-great travelers, economical and super value. Liftgate is great; does not unlock side doors when remote is used..very handy.

Maybe offering techno safety features; I monitor mirrors, look in all directions, etc. etc., but I'm sure with today's volume of traffic and idiotic drivers these would be welcome. Whatever it might take to undo the restrictive use of the navi system. I refuse to even TALK on a phone while driving and my wife or I operated the navi while the other drove prior to the 2014 restrictions. Two redesigns; one to make the glove box bigger/more useful and the other to make better use of interior door storage spaces. Some might like a rear compartment power point???