2014 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

farm wife's truck
By mp

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

THis car is one of the best I have driven. I have had Mercedes, and Lexus. My Acura is s mudder, and a snow machine. It is convenient to haul everything from grain to kids. The awd is super, and handles all weather. Also is a nice dress up car for church. One thing...........terrible connections for my iphone. You have to have a flashlight to find the charger. I would buy another rdx.

Mine must be the exception, but I doubt it!
By lo55

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Reading through the reviews I see things I've never experienced in 18 months/19+K miles. Low right seat position mandated by feds stupid regs. No brake noise, no chemical odor, no problem with bluetooth, no tranny noise, etc, etc.. Was skeptical of lack of rear AC vents. Florida resident with only AC complaint from rear seat being 'it's too cold back here'. Only down side is NOT fault of car or Acura. It's the moronic regs that limit the use of certain navi functions. The feds must think it's safer to hold your cell navi with one hand while driving with the other...go figure!

Great travel car; only thing tired after hours and hours of miles and miles are the eyes. Average 28.5 to 30+ mpg on trips; 24-27 around town, using regular gas. Rear seat space/leg room...great! Styling both in and out. Just the right size; ample cargo area. 5th Acura-CL, MDX, TSX, TSX sportwagon and all the same-great travelers, economical and super value. Liftgate is great; does not unlock side doors when remote is used..very handy.

Maybe offering techno safety features; I monitor mirrors, look in all directions, etc. etc., but I'm sure with today's volume of traffic and idiotic drivers these would be welcome. Whatever it might take to undo the restrictive use of the navi system. I refuse to even TALK on a phone while driving and my wife or I operated the navi while the other drove prior to the 2014 restrictions. Two redesigns; one to make the glove box bigger/more useful and the other to make better use of interior door storage spaces. Some might like a rear compartment power point???

Bad Smell coming out of AC vents
By njjan

2014 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am wondering if anyone else had this issue where there is a chemical smell emitting from the vents. It doesn't happen everyday, could happen 10 times a day and not happen for a week. I am concerned as to what the health aspects are. I also smelled it in a loaner car that happen to be a 2014 RDX also. I happen to be a repeat customer of the Acura and this is my 2nd RDX.

Service is great at the dealership it drives like a car but is a crossover

adjustments on the front passenger side I never sit there and when I did I felt like I was sitting on the floor

Fast, stylish and feature filled
By hoplover

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our RDX for a year now (17000 miles). The RDX has a stylish exterior and a very comfortable driving position. The base comes with a long list of standard equipment including bluetooth,xm, backup cam, heated leather and sunroof- options packages on most competitors. Upon entry it sets the seat and mirrors to your settings. Pulling out, the strong engine and smooth, fast transmission make you feel confident in any traffic situation. The brakes are fully capable. We have averaged about 23 MPG in mixed driving. The cylinder deactivation takes a little getting used to, but helps in efficiency. The interior features are logically laid out and work flawlessly. Very good purchase.

The smooth, quiet ride makes this non-fatiguing even on long rides. With XM, bluetooth streaming, CD, and USB ports there is no shortage of entertainment. When the weather is nice, nothing beats the sunroof being included.

The cylinder deactivation causes the vehicle to slow faster than usual when you let off the gas. Wish the dealer installed roof rack wasn't so expensive.

Huge disappointment
By todd_d

2014 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having nothing but great experiences with our last 5 hondas, the Acura RDX was a complete disappointment. Above 60 on smooth highway, its a pretty good ride. But around town in the sub 45 range, it is horrible! Within 3 months of owning it, we had all of the struts replaced under warranty. This made no difference. I don't understand this since it is basically a CRV chassis and the CRV rides quite a bit better. I thought maybe something was wrong with this particular one, but after reading other peoples experiences on Acurazine, this is the norm. Not just with RDX, but all Acura models at this time. 1st Acura I've owned, and last! Traded it in after 14 months, 12000 miles.

Power from the V6 is excellent. Gas mileage is very respectable from a vehicle of this size. Dash layout is user friendly and interior is comfortable. Fortunately, it holds its value fairly well as we were able to trade it in for $5k less than what we paid with 12k miles on it.

New suspension is mandatory, ride quality at city speeds is the worst I've ever experienced.... period. While the cylinder deactivation is great at saving fuel, it is not very smooth and power delivery is not very linear. Get rid of those stupid body creases that bisect the car and go over the fenders, very 80's Chrysler like. Honda/Acura designs in general are in serious need of a new direction. For being a fairly innovative company when it comes to tech, their body designs are quite antiquated. I would discourage anyone from buying an Acura of any model at this time.