2014 Acura RDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:
A great choice
By jh16 on 04/22/14 14:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2014 RDX AWD tech for about a week now. So far I have been very happy with the car. It drives smooth, brakes well, and the transmission seems to work flawlessly. I am most happy with the turning radius, as my last two vehicles were monsters to turn and try to park. I also looked at the Q5, and besides the Audi being more expensive, I did not like the idea of the turbo 4 cyl engine. I've driven an audi with a turbo before, and it seemed very inconsistent - thats something that I did not want to deal with again. The RDX has great acceleration (and sounds pretty good too when you step on it), its too bad they hid the dual exhaust tips up under the rear bumper.

2014 RDX - Comfortable but a vibration issue ruins the fun
By familyguy1 on 04/01/14 07:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased in late Dec 2013 and after 3 months and 3,000 miles, here's my review: Ride is comfortable, agility is great, suspension is fairly stiff. Seats are supportive and comfortable (both front and rear). Sound system is great. BUT... The car has a vibration issue from about 60 MPH on up. Had the tires spin balanced, road force balanced, the prop shaft replaced... still there. The vibration is not severe, but it's ever present and on long trips, leaves your feet tingling a bit and ready to get out. Very annoying. Rode with the dealer service tech, he feels it too, but says that's as good as it gets. Because of the vibration, feels like I made a $38,000 mistake.

good value for compact cross over
By ewl88 on 03/03/14 09:50 AM (PST)

2014 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good performance and value.

OK but.....
By newro on 12/30/13 13:19 PM (PST)

2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had Acura's since 1998, always a TL. My wife needed an all wheel/4 wheel drive that was not huge so we got out of a 2010 TL and into a 2013 RDX without the tech package. Its nice, but its not going to blow you away. As with all of my previous Acura's, its a quality build and reliable. Quick enough but I find it a little herky jerky in the steering, but, I have a 2010 Pathfinder which is like a tank compared to the RDX. It is pretty good in the snow, which is why we got it so I suppose that all in all, it does what its supposed to. It shares a radio with the Honda CRX and from what I am told, the all wheel drive platform as well. I guess its the Acura version of the CRX.

So Far Disappointed
By tramm on 12/18/13 16:25 PM (PST)

2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The RDX replaced my 2011 Q5. I bought it because it had more standard features than a Q5, was $5000 less than a Q5 and positive reviews. It is a good car in many respects but the suspension, interior quality and road noise reduction are not quite as good as the Q5. However, my biggest issue involves a subtle but obvious drive train vibration that occurs at certain speeds and RPMs. Acura is aware of the problem, claims it is "normal" but is working on a fix. If you do a lot of driving between 35-50 mph I would wait to buy a RDX until this annoying problem is fixed.

Bean counter had too much to say
By rgf99 on 12/02/13 07:08 AM (PST)

2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The rdx is a great car as far as it goes. It simply does not go far enough. Besides a few design flaws, weak A/C, poor interface to the iPhone, the rdx lacks many key features/options of luxury SUV. Parking sensors are offered, nor is adaptive cruise control, ... To add insult to injury many features that should be standard are only available on the tech model - fog lamps, power lift gate, .... Great potential but fails to deliver in the end

Good Value but not a Luxury SUV
By tramm on 11/30/13 14:45 PM (PST)

2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded-in a 2011Q5 for this vehicle. This is an okay car but so far I am not in love with it; it sounds and rides like a slightly upgraded Honda. Pluses: About $4000 less than comparably equipped Q5-good standard features and value priced Comfortable driver's seat Good back seat leg room Good cargo layout - space not wasted Quiet engine with good power and pickup Good storage in front cabin Minuses: Q5 feels more solid and is more fun to drive RDX has choppy rear suspension Interior materials are okay but not what you might expect in a luxury vehicle Noticeable road noise, especially on uneven pavement

Certanty Not a Lexus
By rdxcali on 09/29/13 19:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

- A/C does not work very well. -Transmission shifting is jerky,,, not smooth. - The new car smell was so strong it made me and my wife nauseous for several weeks. - Certainly feels like a step down from my Lexus; in all areas!

Acura RDX
By pr1 on 09/29/13 18:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Acura for three weeks and I remain very satisfied with my choice of the RDX. I had narrowed my search down to three brands when I arrived on the Acura sales floor in Tustin California. I always felt that a root canal was preferable than shopping for a new car. The salesman I was put in contact with, Kevin, knew his product, easily explained the car's features and then stepped back to let the car sell itself. During the next few weeks I found myself back on the sales floor several times to ask Kevin questions about some of technological features. That's when I found Kevin to be as accommodating after the sale as he had been before.

Traded Porsche
By jadrie2 on 08/28/13 08:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Believe it or not, the 2014 RDX rides and drives better than my Porsche. I downsized, traded and got 2014 RDX with Tech pkg and walked away with over $15k check to me. Some things are just a name and status symbol....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Acura RDX in VA is:

$149 per month*