2013 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Very happy but would like more

2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Review

Very happy but would like more options
By sbrows on

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 MDX for the RDX for the better gas mileage. We have had the RDX for 3 months and are very happy with the gas mileage. We are averaging about 23 to 26 miles per gallon with mixed highway and city driving. The RDX has plenty of pick up and drives very smoothly but still sporty. My husband likes it so much that he is now driving it and has left me with his BMW five series because he finds the RDX so much more comfortable (he's 6'1" and there's plenty of leg and head room) We have not experienced any of the other negative ride quality issues that other reviewers have complained of.

Favorite Features

Real-time traffic is really helpful. I am also enjoying all of the hands-free features. Even though our MDX offered them, it seems easier to use. I also really like the extra storage compartments in the front console - it is a great place for the cell phone charger and other miscellaneous items with easy access. Since my husband has taken over this car, I will probably trade in his BMW for the new MDX when it comes out.

Suggested Improvements

Acura needs to add one more option package with more luxury features for this vehicle. For example, this car does not have automatic steering wheel adjustments. It is a lever that requires manual adjusting. I would also appreciate the option of a heated steering wheel and wood accents on the interior and rear ventilation controls. The navigation system does require a few more steps than the old system, however, I have not found it to be overly cumbersome.