2013 Acura RDX 3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Very good initial impressions

2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Review

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very good initial impressions
By aidano2 on

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's comfortable, fast, and has a good amount of room in the front and rear. Also has nice simple, but solid, cabin features. It's very good in pretty much every area -- which almost makes it feel a little boring to talk about.

Favorite Features

The acceleration: 0-60mph in just over 6 seconds is great for a vehicle like this. Nothing much else in particular stands out - mainly because it's very good in all areas.

Suggested Improvements

I hear an odd droning noise from the drive train when I'm coasting at around 30 MPH, which is a little irritating once you notice it. Visually there is too much space between the wheel and the wheel arches, and generally I would like it to look a little more aggressive; it's a little too Lexus-ey. Sometimes the Bluetooth streaming doesn't quite do what I expect with my iPhone 5, for example firing up the music player instead of resuming my podcast. Hard to pin down if this is an Acura or Apple problem, but hopefully the fix will be provided by a software update by one or the other.