Shop around before buying
By dca2013 on
2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've had my RDX for about three weeks and I agree with what most folks have said about the features and ride. But I was very surprised to find that the sunroof would not close. It kept stopping half way. I had to reach up pull down the wind relector to get it to finally close. There is just no excuse for this. I had a few accessories added which so far may not have been worth it. The roof rack has a very poor fit and finish, of course that could be to the way the dealer installed it. The cargo cover is just a bad design. It retracts like a window shade, with a hard piece that just hangs free - makes access a problem. And even though this is a small issue, there should be no issue.
By tomsjay
on 10/08/12 16:36 PM (PDT)

When Acura decalared new wave of acura vehicles RDX,ILX,RLX there was big hope of new Acura. press and other media declared a winner. But behind the desceptively premim look Acura sarted saving money on poor craftmanship and material. One look and touch you will be fooled to thinks it is premium. but a closer looks, paint job, glass,rubber, plastic, all are downgraded. to demonstrate touch and feel closely a TSX ,MDX material fit and finsh to the new generation, RDX,ILX..they are all far inferior. MDX and TSX are still good qualitly. Acura is geting rid of that sharp design theme which was acura signature design.. Though intially looked as a change.. reality is that new RDX and ILX are inferior and less sharp and moder looking than MDX,TSX and IL.. they were afriad of the reposnse from the market due to too flashy TL. but their new design direction /build /material make Acura another anonymous brabd. Due soon are new MDX and RLX which is guranteed inferiior in quality to current ones. it may look different though. It was good for acura to stick on to their original design themes rather than going onto to a anonymous territory with Jon Ikieda as the design lead. Remove him. he himself look with less energy. Go to you root and use ordinary designeres with Japanese auto design enthusiasm.

By dca2013
on 09/28/12 16:39 PM (PDT)

Edmunds doesn't give enough space for a detailed review so I will follow up here. There are more issues than the sunroof. The color I chose with Forge Silver. I bought is in the early evening and at that time it looked like silver/grey. But is in the daytime it is blue. I did not want a blue car. Sometimes is a certain light it has a purple hue. I have called the dealer and Acura customer relations and they say they will fix the sun roof - which for a car just few weeks old is something that should not happend so of course the sunroof will get fixed - but no concern about the color. I feel I like I am driving one of early 90's GM cars that color changed with the changes in sunlight. Acura just doesn't stand behind its cars. If I want to changed to another RDX, I am the hook for the car tax as well as the depreciation. Even GM gives a 30 day return. My advice is stay away from Acura, and especially the RDX - or at least wait until the kinks are worked out. Maybe better to consider the Audi, BMW or Volvo.

By tomsjay
on 10/08/12 16:41 PM (PDT)

Oh forgot to mention. Drove RDX. Its nothing but a CRV on lipstick. other than having a different engine. CRV is a good balance for the price as a utility vehicle. RDX doesnt have the premium ride. nothing special. just another small SUV, Go for MDX if you can afford which is now a good value. Good craftmanship and material. and overall good package.

By djsturn
on 09/29/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

I love the Forge Silver because of the Blue in it! Sorry you are not happy with your choice.