Good vehicle but lacking
By spottedone on
2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had my RDX for over a year and 17000+ miles. Overall I like the car especially when I was averaging 23+ mpg. Over the last several month my mpg has dropped to 21, still not bad. I have had it to the delearship for a full synthetic oil change. I also had to pay for a front wheel alighment which was needed. I have upgraded my gas to Chevron on their advice but it has not made a difference. I noticed that the 2014 MDX has the same mpg ratings and now has touch screen controls which I miss on my old Pioneer flat panel. I also agree that I do not feel like I am riding in a luxury car. One serious problem which I took to the dealer was tire slippage when turning from a stop.
Favorite Features
Power. Visibility, Parking ease
Suggested Improvements
Touch screen, simpler controls. Better seats, materials.
By troyruttman
on 08/10/13 11:18 AM (PDT)

Spinning your wheels when you turn from a stop is a common problem with front-wheel drive cars. I don't think it can be considered a defect. But you can solve it easily with the RDX by upshifting to second w/the paddle shifter while you're sitting at the stop. You'll get less torque and your front wheels won't slip. As for whether the RDX qualifies as a luxury car, keep in mind that it costs several thousand dollars less than its competitors. I would rather have useful features like a sunroof, rearview camera, paddle shifters etc. (all of which cost extra on most of its rivals) and give up some of the fluff. If you really want all of those luxury amenities, you can pay an extra 6-10 grand and Lexus, BMW or Cadillac will be happy to oblige....