Quiet and smooth-hardly
By jtwi on
2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Read all the reviews I could get my eyes on months before the purchase. All said quiet and smooth ride. Test drive seem to follow suit. I have almost 3K on the car. Every bump I hit, I hear and feel. I'm not talking about potholes, I am talking about road bumps which has me questioning the suspension. Inside you hear the bump-bump bump-bump bump bump. Or maybe I am missing the cabin accoustical material. Can't have people saying the car is quiet and smooth and i get just the reverse.
Favorite Features
quick to respond...just like the reviews say. handling very responsive...just like the reviews say. Audio good. Inside and out the vehicle size is good.
Suggested Improvements
rear AC; power rear door and 10 position passenger seat with cool and heated seats. All need to be added as options.
By tomsjay
on 09/07/12 14:03 PM (PDT)

It happens with other Honda/Acura cars as well. like Crv. some users feel its quite composed drive but some dont feel. percieved NVH level also depends on the expectation and tolerance level of a person. In general Acura / Honda are harsh drivers. You will never get that premium feel no matter what they do. but instead you may get some fun from handling/powetrain and user friendliness etc. Its in the basic architecture of the manufacturing. After all they use a common platform architecture for every car to begin with and modify on that. If you looks for composed drive and premium feel look elsewhere.I drive new TSX. A bit dissapointment for the same reason. I think Nissan/Infinity are the only one gives that from the Asian branad in general. May be Lexus/Toyota to match.

By tomsjay
on 09/07/12 14:11 PM (PDT)

If you lean and look down it has the same suspension set up as the outgoing model. How can we expect dramatic changes in the road manners. They added some extra sound deadenfing material (thinsulate). Bit more travel for suspension and new dampers. But that can only do so much. Its all in the platform architecture the key lies. Honda deosnt have variety of suspension layouts and platforms like Nissan or Ford. Nissan and Ford build larger vehicles and various suspension architecture. I think Tooyota is also better in this regard. Honda, Mazda are in the small timer leauge the small car stretched architecture.