Purchased RDX with Tech 2 weeks ago
By endoellen on
2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Has great pick up and shifts smooth as I would have expected. My previous car was an Acura TL 2006 which I really liked. Voice commands for phone, navigation, audio, etc. is not real user friendly. Too many commands to be used. It was easier to use voice commands with the bluetooth in the TL without navigation. Disappointed in gas mileage. Sticker states estimated 20 city and 28 hwy. My first tank of premium fuel with combined 60 miles of hwy driving and the rest city only got 17.5 mpg. On my 2nd fill up I traveled to the dealer & back today approx. 120 miles hwy & it shows average of 23mpg. Not what I expected. My 2006 TL got 20 city & 28-30 Hwy consistently.
Favorite Features
I do like the hard drive that copies and stores your music from your CD's. Disappointed that you can not download music to it from your phone or IPOD. Love the power tailgate, the bronze/brown interior carpet & mats with the parchment interior.
Suggested Improvements
Passenger front seat sits too low & height can not be adjusted:(( needs improvement! Voice commands need to be more user friendly. You have to push talk button 3 different times and say 3 things to accomplish one!! They need to add rear air vents and power plug in for rear passengers. Almost all other vehicles have this standard now and I'm surprised that Acura engineers designed with out these features. Would like to have had back up sensors (warning) with the backup camera.
By mouse63
on 03/25/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

I switched from a 2005 TL to 2013 RDX AWD tech. Initially I too was disappointed with the gas mileage. However, after driving it for 3000 miles, I noticed the mileage improve and now it matches my TL's