Major improvement in comfort & gas mileage on 2013 model
By gofitguy on
2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I've had my 2013 RDX AWD for two weeks now. My lease was up on my '09 Murano SL AWD & I wanted something a little different. I drove the RDX in 2009 & felt the ride wasn't comfortable & the gas mileage wasn't great. On the 2013, these two issues have been 100% corrected & it's a far more comfortable vehicle to drive. The V6 performance is more than adequate, handling is stable & it's fun to drive. A few features I'd like to have are missing on the base AWD but I wasn't willing to spend the $3400 more for the Tech package when I don't need the navigation system. Compared to the BMW X3 or Q5, I'm pleased with the value I got here & lots of extra comfort features are included. Way to go!
Favorite Features
Fuel economy is good so far. 23 MPG combined on first tank. Performance is peppy & controlled with good comfort. Very happy with the stereo system in general since there are so many music choices to select. Love the connectivity of the Bluetooth with an iPhone. Pandora works great. Quality of base stereo is better to me than the upgraded Bose I had in my Murano. I like the included cable to hook up an Ipod or iPhone inside the small storage area in the center by the shifter. Very convenient. Front seats are supportive & comfortable. Overall, Acura did a nice job here on making this vehicle more user-friendly for someone not looking for a high performance crossover.
Suggested Improvements
Passenger seat is a bit low for a smaller passenger (no height adjustment available). Transmission shifts a little rough. Brakes are a bit grabby (hope to get used to this over time). Drivers door arm rest is too low to be used. Power tailgate should be available outside of the Tech package or standard at this price. Same for HID headlamps, rear AC/heat vent & fog lights. Acura got cheap on these items at this price. Glove box could be deeper but it's a minor issue. Overall, for the price, I think it's a lot of car for this class feature-wise, especially compared to the cost to lease/own a Q5 or X3.
By mahno63
on 10/30/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

What was you gas mileage on Murano comparing to RDX? I am considering buying both. Thanks