2013 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Just the right amount of utili

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Just the right amount of utility & luxury
By rdxer93 on

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I searched and search for just the right SUV and the Acura RDX fit my needs just right. I was looking for a smaller SUV that was fun to drive, had good gas mileage, the right amount of space, a bit of luxury, and was priced right. After the first 60 days, I'm convinced the RDX was the best choice. The RDX offers good styling, a luxury interior, a very peppy ride, quiet inside, and a relatively smooth ride. I wouldn't consider the handling as sporty, but this isn't an Acura TL either. For relatively $10k less than others brands in the category, the RDX is a solid choice.

Performance & acceleration is quick and much better than the MDX. Good mileage. About 27-28 on the hwy Overall the styling of the RDX, inside and out, is very good. The ride is quiet and handling is good, but not sporty. HID Headlights are a must. ELS Stereo is plenty good for my music tastes.

Being an all new model, I expected more from the technology package. I felt that I overpaid for the package to get some of the features I wanted. The hard disk drive in the ELS stereo system is virtually out of date. The only way to load music is by inserting CDs. This was new technology about 5 years ago. Towing capacity is only 1,500 pounds, which is about the same as an Amish horse and buggy. I am still perplexed by this low towing capacity as the engine has plenty of power.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review