2013 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Is Acura's Brand Value Declini

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Is Acura's Brand Value Declining?
By barbieroads on

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you enjoy a ride that resembles rocking about in an earthquake or jerking your way through an amusement park ride then the 2013 Acura RDX will bring you joy; otherwise, steer clear. The ride experience in this small SUV category is disappointingly uncomfortable and requires full attention from the driver in an effort to keep the vehicle in the lane. This ride is as far from relaxing as any ride could possibly get these days. Acura, you've failed me.

I find the fit and finish of the seats to be near superior and wish more vehicles in the 20-30k price range would adapt accordingly. If history proves itself, the engine reliability of Acura automobiles is a very strong and worthwhile selling point and warrants consideration from any driver looking for value, quality, performance and comfort. While this particular RDX is not a winner for me, I suspect other models in the Acura fleet will win me over. (fingers crossed)

Sadly, the tech package and navigation components are mechanically cumbersome and require more finesse than previously tested models. When using bluetooth, several callers stated clarity was an issue on their end of the line. Using the voice command protocol proved futile. As regards fit and finish, the dash, especially on the passengers side, was a bit too plastic-y (cheap). Overall, there are no interior or exterior features that scream "I'm fun to drive" and I suspect that's because this 2013 Acura RDX is anything but fun to drive.