Impressive,very impressive
By vegasmurano on
2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Let me start by saying I have owned over 80 cars (yes, but my insanity is another subject),and can easily afford ANY car I choose. This SUV blew me away by how nice it is for the price you pay. As like other reviewers, I looked at X3,Q5,Evoque,SRX and a few others. Feature for feature the RDX was $6k to $14k less and it drives smoother on the road than most of them. Handling is certainly not as sporty then many, but much smoother and more refined. And surprisingly in straight line acceleration it is as quick or quicker than my Acura TL-SH AWD and all of the trucks listed above (assuming the base engines).FYI I also currently own a BMW X3....
Favorite Features
Refined ride and comfort, quiet interior at any speed, acceleration of a sports car, gas consumption. Tech package (once I figure it all out).Fit and finish is spectacular. Easy to buy....Acura unlike BMW does not charge extra for ANYTHING except the optional tech package.BMW charges for EVERYTHING, even different paint colors and the most basic options. Reliability.Tires are the best on the market......Also Won top award for future projected resale.
Suggested Improvements
No storage space AT ALL for my jumper cables, tire chains or ice scraper. Passenger seat does not adjust up or down (plain stupid). Some interior parts are definitely not the quality of the Acura TL, like the glove box door, center console and door panels.16 gallon tank is just stupid, should be 18 gallon +. More adjustability on BOTH power seats. Rear seats don't recline.
By vegasmurano
on 03/15/13 17:26 PM (PDT)

Follow up.... 2013 RDX AWD was 2012's mud fest winner in the family SUV. category. Just made Forbes list of projected longest lasting autos. Still enjoying the SUV, but still finding it a bit difficult to figure out the NAV functions. Other than that it's been absolutely perfect. I drive all heavy city mileage and am getting 18 MPG. On the one long trip on the highway I got 28.3.