If I had known then what I know now
By tnuzzi1 on
2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had my RDX for 1 year and 19,000 miles. After the first few months of owning it i noticed a vibration between 2nd and 3rd gear and 4th and 5th gear. I brought the car to the dealer and had a technician ride with me so I could point it out. The vibration, the dealer stated, is due to the deactivation of cylinders and that it is minor with no fix. This is not minor when you spend many hours driving. A vehicle that is considered a "luxury" suv should not be vibrating. The gas mileage is not as stated. I average around 19mpg. I drive about 50/50 highway/town. The dealer replaced my bluetooth mic but that did not improve. I can hear fine, people have a hard time understanding me.
Favorite Features
I rated the Performance based on having a vibration. Get rid of that and it is great. Controls are basic and easy to use. Rear camera is good.
Suggested Improvements
New Engine. Rear seat vents.
By ccarlock12
on 05/29/14 10:14 AM (PDT)

I had the same issue. Mainly occurred around 35-40mph driving speeds and was louder when it got cold. There was a tech bulletin at the dealer that the issue is growing with 2013 models of the RDX AWD. There was a replacement of a portion of the AWD drive shaft and was under warranty. After the fix the vibration was virtually eliminated in the winter months and do not even feel it anymore now that it is warmer.

By briansmi
on 04/13/14 10:23 AM (PDT)

I have had my RDX for a year and 14,000 miles. I have never experienced a vibration in it and the only thing that feels unusual is when it shifts and changes cylinders at the same time, such as cruising on the freeway and then accelerating to pass, the car bumps up cylinders and downshifts. This is typical for VCE's of any make. Other then that, this is one of the smoothest and quietest cars I have ever driven. I think your dealer is trying to avoid what could be costly warranty work. I drive a combination of highway and city for 12 miles back and forth to work everyday and get 22MPG on the low end and 24MPG on the higher end. If I fill the tank and do all highway, at 70-75MPH I get 27+. Your gas millage seems very out of sort as well. You can never trust the EPA millage when buying a care, they test at absolute perfect conditions. I would take it to a private shop that specializes in Acura/Honda and see what they say. Get away from the dealers, not trustworthy.