2013 Acura RDX Consumer Review: Great well equipped SUV.

2013 Acura RDX SUV - Consumer Review

Great well equipped SUV.
By marky1020 on

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had it for 1 week now and so far, so good. Drives exceptionally well and is more car-like then SUV like. Traded in a 10 year old Hyundai Santa Fe which I felt was a bit of a choppy ride. Also had a Jeep Cherokee 15 some odd years ago which was totally truck like based on its 4x4 platform. Of the 3, the Acura feels like driving a car while still having the benefits of riding higher, hauling more when needed and having AWD. Of course you can get AWD on some cars, but my feeling is that once you start driving an SUV, it's hard to go back into a car..not impossible, just hard.

*Very reasonable amount of front and rear space *Like the Tech package (will take some time to learn.. *The ability to open and lock doors and start the engine without taking the key out of my pocket. *Acura has longer power-train coverage then most other autos in this class.

*Although I don't miss not having them, there are several other "tech" items ..lane departure..blind spot, rain sensitive wipers..etc. which other companies offer as options that Acura does not. I like the package they put together and are priced well against other rivals. I'll bet if they put another package together including some of those items, people would buy. Overall, I really don't have any complaints with this after driving for a week. Tech package will take some time to master, but that is to be expected. One manufacture suggestion I have through is to offer Built in Child Booster seats as Volvo does. GREAT feature for people with children. I don't think Volvo has patten.