Disappointment
By tinpyro on
2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have owned many luxury vehicles over the years, when I initially came across the 2013 RDX I thought that I had discovered a true bargain. This , however, was not the case. The reason TRUE luxury vehicles cost more is because they are worth it. The RDX has flaws that I can over look but the wind noise from the doors and b pillars is simply unforgivable in a vehicle in this range. The dealer has done what it can but they cannot redesign the vehicle. Acura must be aware of this issue and I believe is simply choosing to ignore it. Had I taken a more extensive test drive I would not have purchased the vehicle, so...shame on me. I will unload the vehicle asap and accept the loss and move on.
Suggested Improvements
Rear a/c, a genuine audiophile sound system and recognize and repair the wind noise issue.
By troyruttman
on 08/13/13 04:51 AM (PDT)

How can it be a quality control issue? All of the RDX's have the same shape and aerodynamics. If mine is quiet yours should be quiet. I think it's a different issue....

By tinpyro
on 08/13/13 08:16 AM (PDT)

It appears that the problems that I am having with MY vehicle and my negative impression of Acura seem to annoy you. AGAIN, I am happy that you are pleased with your RDX and wish you the best with it. It is odd that you are implying that I have no real issue when you have not driven my vehicle. I am not going to debate the merits of my complaint with you since you have no way to experience my particular vehicle and its issues.

By troyruttman
on 08/09/13 09:30 AM (PDT)

That's funny -- I've driven my RDX over 5,000 miles, including cross-country, often cruising at 75-80 mph, and have never heard any wind noise. In fact, the quiet cabin is one of the nicest things about the car.

By tower2
on 12/30/13 19:08 PM (PST)

I will agree with this one thing, had I driven my Rdx longer For a test ride i would have realized that I hate the ride, (funny most don't). My 2006 Lexus rx ride amazingly better!

By tinpyro
on 08/12/13 08:51 AM (PDT)

A lot of people do like them but a lot of people also complain about the wind noise issue. perhaps it is a quality control issue, anyway I'm glad you like yours.