2013 Acura RDX 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Complete waste of money -

2013 Acura RDX - Consumer Review

Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Complete waste of money - this is NOT a luxury car
By wnmnm on

2013 Acura RDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 RDX wanting it to be a great choice for a luxury CUV. I walked away in April 2014, traded it for a BMW X3. Performance: numb steering, terrible suspension (failed, under warranty), failed engine mounts producing excessive vibration, unstable at high speed. Tech package: mediocre with Atari graphics. Sunroof: constantly malfunctioning. Build quality: Terrible cheap plastic all over, exposed sound attenuating foam where the windshield meets the dash, no rear passenger vents, the poorest quality leather i've ever seen in a car, and NO dash cover under steering column (where you can feel wiring and more sound attenuating foam), Playskool key FOB, hollow doors. Avoid this car!!

Favorite Features

The ELS is decent - everything else is maddening over the course of ownership until you feel like you wasted your money.

Suggested Improvements

Almost everything. This is not a luxury car in the slightest. Don't think you are getting a budget BMW or Audi.
By rdx2013owner
on 01/08/15 08:06 AM (PST)

I am with you brother. I did exactly the same thing; the RDX has been my worse car purchase: numb steering, terrible and noisy suspension, crazy VCM vibration at city speeds and also very annoying vibration at highway speeds, low quality leather, choppy ride because of trans; wow really bad. the vehicle also felt very unstable and unsafe are high speeds. Trade it by a bimmer X3 and lost considerable $ in the process but at least i am happy now. I always thought that Acura was a top brand but I have changed my perception 180 degrees. they are crap, simply overpriced hondas, with jerky trans and some questionable technology.