I am the owner of RDX for six month and I am quite disappointed. Reading other reviews seems like I am driving a different car and I'd like to share my view to help future buyers understand what they are buying. In one sentence: Acura does not belong to the club of Audi, BMW, Lexus or Mercedes, do not compare RDX to Q5, X3 and do not read reviews that attempt to do so.
Main complain: whoever designed this car never drove in it. I've bought top of the line model and it is missing basic features that come free in Toyota.
- No washer reservoir sensor. The reservoir is tiny and runs out of water quite fast. Canadian version of RDX has the sensor, American does not.
- No parking assist. There is a rear view camera but installed in a way that water drips over it and unusable during the rain, when you most need it.
- No rain sensing wipers. Speed sensing wipers is just nonsense.
- No adaptive cruise control. Damn cruise control is not usable in traffic.
- Side view mirrors do not dim and are not tinted. Major annoyance when driving at night.
- Car is quite noisy, at 65 wind noise is annoying. Engine noise is well suppressed but wind noise is never constant and fluctuates in volumes.
Even though I don't currently own an RDX, but am considering purchasing one, I find all of these reviews to be very helpful. Reading reviews of noise, not purchasing the Tech Pkg., are definite reasons I consider in making my decision.
I am somewhat amused by troyruttman's comments to reviewers posts.
All I can say is he must really LOVE his RDX. It's quite apparent that he cannot stand for anyone to say anything negative about an RDX.
The RDX is worth the $35-40K price compared to other luxury SUVs. The ride and performance of the 2013 model is excellent--see Consumer Reports. However, the Navigation Sys. is not worth the price. Unless you are an audiophile, the Tech Pkg. is not worth $4K. Buy it without, then get a good Garmin GPS of $100+. You will like it better.
Excuse me but why do you expect to get every feature on a BMX X 3, Audi Q5, Lexus RX 350 for $10,000 less than every other manufacturer? If you wanted all that stuff you should have bought all that stuff somewhere else. This is not the place to bash a vehicle for features you wanted but could not get. Obviosly you did not bother to test drive other vehicles and this is completely your fault not Acura's. The good thing is Acura RDX value doesn't flatline like a BMW or Audi the day you drive it off the lot so pony up that $10K more and get all those features your missing.
Most of your gripes sound silly to me, but even so consider that the top of the line RDX is significantly less expensive than any of the rivals you mention when outfitted with all the option packages.
The X3 with premium and tech packages needed to get tihe features you list would cost over $50k, same with Q5 or Lexus RX.
The speed sensing wipers are nonsense though, we can agree on that =)