A step down
By newro on
2013 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had 6 Acura's and have come to expect a certain level of quality from them. My last one before the RDX was a '10 TL. Although I was not crazy about the styling, the car flew, handled well and the interior had a style to it. I have had the RDX for about 2 weeks now and the over riding feeling that I get is that it looks and feels cheap inside. Plastic all the way through, even the sun visors feel thin. The blue tooth is a giant step backwards from what I had in the TL, it makes zero sense. I got this car for my wife to negotiate the snow in the NE because the TL was not very good. I looked at the Murano and honestly, it is a nicer car inside.
Favorite Features
AWD
Suggested Improvements
Blue Tooth, a better looking interior
By troyruttman
on 08/14/13 12:07 PM (PDT)

This is my first Acura so I can't compare its interior with previous models. But from what I read, a lot of auto makers, especially in Japan, are cutting back on interior quality because of cost; otherwise, or so the story goes, they won't be competitive in price. My guess -- and my hope -- is that Acura is focusing more on build quality and spending a little less on cosmetics. But there's no denying that, for the price, you get a lot in the RDX that you don't get in its competitors.